Some examples of what this mod does:
+ Hop now picks the starter that you are weak to, like rivals of old
+ Global level bump of enemy trainers by a factor of ~1.3-1.4× to compensate for EXP Share
+ Almost all enemy trainers are buffed in some way. This is done by a combination of evolving old Pokemon or adding new Pokemon, improving AI, and/or optimizing natures, moves, IVs/EVs, used items, and held items.
- This ramps in difficulty as the game progresses, with trainers later on having better AI and better Pokemon than those in the early game.
- In general, regular trainers won't have more than 3/4 Pokemon, to prevent tedium.
+ Gym challenges are more difficult. Gym trainers have on average 3 Pokemon. Gym leaders have more as well, with Milo starting at 4, Nessa at 5, and ramping up to 6 later on. All gym trainers and leaders have improved AI, IVs/EVs, abilities, items, and moves.
+ Improved rivals. Bede improves quicker than Hop or Marnie, being a self-proclaimed superior trainer.
+ Some trainers have been changed to double battles with their teams being reworked for better synergy in doubles format.
What this mod doesn't do:
- Affect post-game. The odd trainer might be reworked but in general I haven't worked on anything after the Champion battle.
- Similarly, Battle Tower has not been touched.
- Affect wild Pokemon encounters. pkNX is still a work in progress for use with Sword/Shield and doesn't appear to support this function yet.
- Change base stats, abilities, and learn sets for Pokemon. 1 Pokemon had one of its abilities changed for better doubles synergy, but everyone else was untouched.
- Adjust shiny rates.
- In general, this mod has not been playtested. Key sections of the mod were tested by myself and one other person but we have not done a start to finish run with this mod yet. Feedback is appreciated on the perceived difficulty.
What's coming up?
+ Post-game. I will eventually work on the teams for the Champion cup rematches and the short post-Champion story quest.
+ As pkNX improves, I hope to adjust wild Pokemon spawns and levels.
+ Incorporate snapped Pokemon back into the game, if possible in the future.
1. Download the archived file named "titleid_c73d6.zip"
2. Unzip the archive and rename the resulting "titleID" folder to either "0100ABF008968000" for Pokemon Sword or "01008DB008C2C000" for Pokemon Shield. This folder should contain another one called RomFS.
3. Put the folder you just named into atmosphere\titles or sxos\titles on your SD card, depending on which CFW you use.
4. Load your CFW, boot Pokemon Sword or Shield.
5. Enjoy and give me feedback. :)