This is my entry for the Secret Society contest, I'll be sure to update this WiP whenever I can or whenever I have something new to show.
Currently there's not a whole lot to look at, I've only been working on this for a few days for little bursts of work, but progress should pick up once I get the basic layout done and get to a playable version.
Since I'm making this map for the Global Offensive beta, I know a lot of you who might want to play this won't be able to. For this, I can only say sorry :(, but I suppose if enough people request it, I might port the map over to CS:S once I've finished the Global Offensive version.
Update 1 | 8/7/12
- Added ropes to prop up walkways
- Added more lighting
- Textured stairs
- Textured toilet walls
- Made the other toilets and blocked them off
- Changed walkway corners from rounded to straight edges
Update 2 | 16/7/12
- Removed big orange wall and replaced it with series of screens
- Made custom textures to put on screens (not sure if they can be read too well though, maybe someone can tell me if they can make out all of the text in the newest screenshot)
- Started work on the outside
- Realised that I really should've planned things out a little better
Update 3 | 28/7/12
- Stopped work on outside due to new (slightly different) layout
- Made screens cycle through 3 messages (War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength)
- Added kitchen area
- Added whole in kitchen connected to a brief sewer section I'll expand on later on in development
- Added back wall to main room along with adjacent walkway and paths that deviate from it
- Realised I don't have an awful lot of time left and start work a bit more frantically
Update 4 | 30/7/12
- Started work on T spawn (Library)
- Got to a primarily testing stage (yey!)
- Added a new stair section
- Jiggled a few things around to better measurments
- Some brief optimizing work (splitting up a few vis leaves)
- Added a whole bunch of lighting into new areas
- Made library bathroom with hole in the floor connecting it to the sewer
Update 5 | 31/7/12
- Made a model for the bookshelves in the library
- Made a few textures for the library
- Added lighting and ceiling to library
- Smoothed out hole in bathroom floor to make it more bot friendly
- Started adding some more detail in corridors near T spawn
- Completed room next to cafeteria (details and such)
- More optimizing and vis leaf edits
- Got a bunch of play testing done, learned a lot...
Update 6 | 1/8/12
- A whole bunch o' stuff but more importantly...
- Finished development! Come and get it!