Before you submit a sound, please ask yourself: is this sound relevant to GB or gaming in general? If the answer is no, then do not add it as it is very likely to be removed.
1.1 Title and authors
You must use an appropriate title, descriptive enough, and also give proper credits to all the persons involved in the submission. If you cannot find who created the sound, search again please, and if you absolutely cannot find who made it, put "Unknown". Adding a link to a homepage as a credit is not allowed. Special characters, numbers, and spaces are not permitted at the beginning of the title.
1.2 MP3 Preview
A sound preview (maximum allowed size : 300 kb) that the user can listen to in the submission profile is mandatory. Please note that the sound preview must reflect the submission accordingly and give a proper sample of what's included in the download.
1.3 Copyrighted sounds and music
You may not port sounds from one game to another. These sounds are copyrighted. Sounds taken from movies and television shows fall under copyright laws and are not allowed. This also includes unedited music files. Read the Fair Use Act and the RIAA for more information.
There are five basic rights protected by copyright, sometimes called the five "pillars" of copyright. The owner of copyright has the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work;
- To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;
- To publicly perform the work, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works, and sound recordings by means of digital audio transmission;
- To publicly display the work, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work.
A violation of any of the exclusive rights of the copyright holder is said to be a copyright infringement. [Full Text]
If you fail to comply with one or more of the rules, your submission will be withheld or deleted. If you have a doubt, please contact a moderator or an administrator before submitting a sound.
If you are having trouble understanding any of these rules, please contact a moderator or administrator before submitting. To view a list of moderators and administrators, head over to this page.