Terms and Conditions
The “GameBanana.com Insurgency Mapping Contest 2014” is hosted by GameBanana.com, part of the Visionary Video Gamer Network (VVGNet). Registered Offices: Machinefloor Inc, 256 Grand St, Brooklyn, New York, 11211. (Referred from here on as the "Organiser").
The “GameBanana.com Insurgency Mapping Contest 2014” is sponsored by Razer (35 Corte Del Nogal, Suite 101, Carlsbad, CA 92011 , USA) and Reverb Communications (18711 Tiffeni Drive, Twain Harte, CA 95383), acting on behalf of New World Interactive.
“GameBanana.com Insurgency Mapping Contest 2014” is open to any individual, or teams of individuals, provided they meet the eligibility criteria defined below. (Referred from here on as “Participants”).
By submitting an entry Participants agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined here. Contest Brief
“Participants have 8 weeks, from the 25th of June 2014 until Midnight (GMT) on the 20th of August 2014 to create, test and upload an original map for Insurgency (www.playinsurgency.com)”
- $1,000 Cash, (1x) Razer 14” Blade Gaming Laptop, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse, and the distinction of having their map become an official part of Insurgency.
- $800 Cash, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse, plus the map may be included in the game.
- $200 Cash, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse.
- $100 Cash Prize, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse.
*All prizes are subject to participant eligibility. No cash value. The contest Organisers and Sponsors reserve the right to change or remove the prize structure at any point with or without reason.
Rules and Frequently Asked Questions
- The submission must be a playable map for the PC version of Insurgency. Entries must be submitted to the Insurgency mapping contest section of BOTH GameBanana.com and the Steam Workshop before the deadline.
- Multiple entries are permitted, however submissions will be judged on individual quality rather than quantity.
- Team based entries are permitted, however the entrants will have to agree how to split any prizes awarded, prior to prize claim and dispatch.
- It is essential to thoroughly test your submission before the deadline as entries cannot be modified during the judging phase.
- Exceptions: Changes to the submission profile are permitted after the deadline, provided they are purely aesthetic and that the map file does not change. (E.g. Editing the description / screenshots)
- Maps that were under creation prior to the announcement of this contest can be entered, provided a completed version has not been released for public download.
- Remakes of existing maps, are allowed, however will lose marks for originality.
- All custom textures, models or code must be contained within the download file or embedded into the .bsp.
- Authors are free to share their content on any other websites or services they wish, however the file must remain free to download and play, without requiring membership or payment.
- If the submission is distributed on an external website or service, it must clearly state that the submission was created for the "GameBanana.com Insurgency Mapping Contest 2014”.
- Authors must be able to accept cash payments via PayPal and will be required to fill in a prize claim form prior to payment. Winners of hardware and physical products will also be required to provide a valid shipping address.
- Judges and individuals associated with organising this contest cannot enter or assist entrants.
- Entries must clearly state which game mode the level is designed for.
Participant eligibility: The “GameBanana.com Insurgency Mapping Contest 2014” is open to any individual, or teams of individuals, provided they comply with the following:
- Participants may not be an employee of the “Organiser” or “Sponsors”.
- Participants may not be a member of the judging staff.
- Participants may not have taken part in the preparation or announcement of this contest.
- Participants may not be a direct relative, spouse, direct employee, or long term partner of any of the above definitions (a - c).
- Legal Age: This contest is open to any individual who meet the above “participant eligibility” criteria. In the event of participant who has not reached the legal age in his/her state winning one or more prizes defined below, he/she must provide contact details for the legal guardian who will claim the prize(s).
TWO (2) copies of the map are required for this contest, and must be uploaded on or before the deadline. The primary version (used for judging) must be submitted to GameBanana.com and placed in the “Insurgency-> Mapping Contest 2014” category:
The second version must be uploaded to the Insurgency Steam Workshop:
No changes to the downloadable file can be made during the judging phase, so please remember to ensure that all relevant materials and custom content are included.
Maps will be reviewed by the staff from both GameBanana.com and New World Interactive. Each map will be scored on the following categories, and given a total score out of 100.
- Gameplay (50 marks)
- Visuals (20 marks)
- Performance / Optimisation (10 marks)
- Originality (20 marks)
Entrance: Upon entering the contest, or submitting a file to the contest section the participant agrees the following:
- All information he/she has submitted is correct and truthful to the best of their knowledge.
- They have read and agreed to all clauses in the Terms and Conditions.
- The consent to the collection and storage of data entered to GameBanana.com or steamcommunity.com pages in accordance with data protection laws of the companies registered country, and that data may be transferred securely between “Organisers” and “Sponsors” in the event of a prize claim.
- By hosting their content participants agree to any additional terms and conditions and rules set out by GameBanana.com and the Steam Workshop.
- The participant grants the “Organiser” and “Sponsors” irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, assignable, sublicensable, worldwide license to run, use, copy, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, exhibit, demonstrate, each of his/her entries in this Contest, for purposes related to this Contest, and via the Internet, electronic, digital, broadcast, theatrical, print, or any other communications media now known or hereafter developed, and in each case free of any and all restrictions and limitations whatsoever (except as imposed by law).
- The Organisers and Sponsors may at any point chose to amend, add, or remove clauses of this contract with or without reason.
GameBanana.com (Machinefloor Inc)
Jon Higgins (VP Marketing & Research)
Email 1: Jon@Machinefloor.com
Email 2: Jon.Higgins@GameBanana.com
Dan DeMattei (Marketing Director)