Constructive feedback is an important component in GameBanana's submission process. When an author submits work, your feedback on it will influence their future work and their development as an artist.
Nonconstructive feedback is counter-productive because it won't help an author improve their work. Remember, negative feedback is not necessarily nonconstructive feedback - you can still give negative feedback (and you should, if you don't like something), provided it exhibits constructive qualities.
When delivering feedback to authors, either beginners or experts, you should apply the following qualities of constructive feedback:
Qualities of Constructive Feedback
1. Respectful e.g I love your work, but with this one i don't like the way you...
2. Insightful and Thought-provoking e.g This reminds me of Author X's work. You should check him out for more ideas...
3. Honest but polite e.g I don't like it, sorry. I think the colours are too bright and...
4. Useful practical advice e.g You can achieve that effect much easier by doing it this way... 5. Elaborated, detailed
Users with feedback consistently demonstrating these qualities will receive Exemplary Feedback Points. More than anything, constructive feedback is about common sense. Treat artists the way you would like to be treated as an artist.
Qualities of Nonconstructive Feedback
1. Negative and elementary e.g Not very good. (immediate level down)
2. Abusive e.g You suck, stop skinning. (immediate gag)
3. Disrespectful e.g I don't like your work.
4. Indifferent, indecisive, confusing e.g I don't like it but good work.
1st Offence Comment is trashed. User may be given a warning.
2nd Offence Comment is trashed. User will receive a 1-7 day gag at the Moderator's discretion.
3rd Offence Comment is trashed. User will receive a minimum 1 week gag up to 1 month. Points may be deducted.
4th Offence User is permagagged.