Quicktime issues error 1856

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending KonataHamster points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Quicktime: causing issues since 1856

Need a tech expert.

Having a security or some kind of issue with Quicktime. Unknown error -1856 

I've looked it up and theres a way to make it work, running as administrator. However, as is mentioned by someone in one of the forums I read:

"Unfortunately, running as admin is a workaround, not a fix. If quicktime is attempted to be called by 3rd party apps (not itunes) quicktime fails. And since the EXE isn't directly called, the "running as admin" workaround doesn't work."
[S]

Which is true, as I cannot get Source Filmmaker to utilize the Quicktime and export layoffs as .mp4 which is a pain-free method for exporting layoffs for editing with minimal hassle.

I can export as .AVI but it is excruciating as it is inefficient with the inflated filesize and lack of compatibility.

I need a fix for this -1856 issue ASAP.

I am indeed on a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 computer, however before my harddisk failed back in february, my original version of Win7 x64 worked fine with quicktime.

It would be notable that I was unable to create a backup of my own specific version of Win7 x64 and had to borrow a recovery disk of someone else who bought theirs a year before mine. There are differences but mainly with overzealous security with softwares. (constant requisition of admin authorization on even the simplest of softwares and games.)

Sure this probably belongs on one of Apple's forums but I'll probably get laughed out of there on account of my PC specs. It's happened before many times. ("Well you need to buy a new PC anyway thats outdated hurr I know everything")

Basically a last resort posting here.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

KonataHamster avatar
Member Joined 7y
13,754 points Ranked 313rd