Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Accidentally Duplicated CSS Slots

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending FractiousLemon points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

I just added a custom nameplate for one of Pit's costume slots and it works perfectly... except that for some reason, Pit now shows up twice on my CSS. No characters are replaced. Everyone is there, but for some reason, Pit appears twice in a row:

I've looked over the ui_character_db.bin several times and I can't tell what the heck I've done wrong here. I also made some edits in melee.msbt, so perhaps that's the problem? I really don't know. I've also got a screenshot of the character_db if it helps:

If someone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Having two of the same character back-to-back like this is a little annoying.

• 11d
    jewlecho avatar
    jewlecho avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    321 points Ranked 12032nd
    9 medals 4 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    You probably accidentally clicked and dragged one Entry over another, so it copied Pit's files onto the next Entry. It is from the ui_character_db.bin though. I did that before accidentally lol.

First you need to find out which character you duplicated Pit over. Try checking either the Entry above or below Pit's Entry. Alternatively, just listen to the announcer call in game. Next, take a fresh ui_character_db and just manually copy over the info of the duplicated character, back onto the one that's missing.

For example:
    - Pit is Entry 25
    - You accidentally messed up Entry 26 by duplicating Entry 25 over it
    - Open a fresh ui_character_db.bin
    - Locate Entry 26 (in the fresh one) and copy over the data to your Entry 26 in your current ui_cjaracter_db

I'm not sure if there's an easier/faster way but that's what I do.
    ~ Team Mom ~

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share
Send a Private Message to the submitter

Category

Stats

Views