Half-Life 2 Icon HL2 Thread

Combine vortigaunt synth

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending snark567 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Join GameBanana

Already a Bananite? Login

I'm going back to the half life 2 campaign and I am adding new enemies like the hunter, antlion workers and zombines, I also added a vortigaunt enemy which is part of the combine faction. It uses a model that kind of resembles a combine synth but I'm not quite satisfied with it. 

I noticed that no one so far has tried making a vortigaunt synth model so maybe someone finds it interesting enough and tries to make one, i'll still try making one myself since even though I'm not familiar with modeling and rigging animations and so on I still understand that it's better to try myself than to wait in vain someone else to do it. But it's still interesting to see how other people think a vort synth could look like.

• 19d
    KonataHamster avatar
    Member Joined 6y
    12,165 points Ranked 343rd
    25 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Might post that in the ideas section. or concepts.

My guess is a Combine-ified vort may look not unlike one of those combine-ified humans. 

Probably will have several implants of traque trache... I don't know the word for it but its that thing they stick in your neck to help you breath after like an accident.... those things.
    Probably be incredibly paler than regular vorts, will likely have perhaps grotesque iron claws sewn into their arms, probably have thier eyeball replaced with combine tech or some similar method of "blinders" used on Stalkers....
    Oversensitive sociopath avatar
    Mantra
    Oversensitive sociopath
  • 17d
    Stormfoxy avatar
    Stormfoxy Offline
    Member Joined 3mo
    653 points Ranked 6667th
    I think someone created a combine vort for GMod. Another idea of thought is perhaps using the alien grunt instead of the vort synth and changing the armor color to the combine metal color.
    Dang typos.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

snark567 avatar
snark567 Offline
Member Joined 2y