Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Console Won't Load Mods from SD

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending EnvyMachinery points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Join GameBanana

Already a Bananite? Login

I know this is a pretty common issue, but I've done my homework and I can't figure out what the problem is. My SD card is formatted to FAT32, my dump is reading version 288 in Sm4shExplorer, Sm4shExplorer itself is version 7.1, and I am following the kernel exploit instructions to the letter.

At first, the game would not load up after the exploit was run. After reloading the mods on my SD card several times, it would start, but the mods wouldn't actually be in effect. I even tried on another friend's console (which consistently runs mods) and the game would not load.

With every problem I've had regarding the modding process up to this point, I've always been able to guess as to what at least one possible solution is. This is the first instance that I'm absolutely stumped. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some kind of test I can do to try to pinpoint what's causing the issue?

• 3mo
    DogOfAnnoyance avatar
    Member Joined 9mo
    121 points Ranked 24296th
    What is your Game region, how big are the dt Files in the dump, and what mods are you trying to use?
    Bananite
  • 3mo
    EnvyMachinery avatar
    Member Joined 5mo
    874 points Ranked 5224th
    Posted by DogOfAnnoyance

What is your Game region, how big are the dt Files in the dump, and what mods are you trying to use?

US.

dt00 is 3.80 GB and dt01 is 2.24 GB if I view their properties or hover over them. Their size according to the folder they're in is 3,987,765 KB and 2,353,220 KB respectively.

The mods I'm putting on are two of my own skins and one of the vulgar Lucina voice mods (which are uploaded here, and work perfectly on my friend's console).
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

EnvyMachinery avatar
Member Joined 5mo
874 points Ranked 5224th