Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Is it possible to clone characters?

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending PhilDawson points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

What I mean by that is, is it possible to use a slot meant for normally other normally non-usable characters, or dummy slots, and override that data with an existing main cast character independent of their original slot and data?

• 1mo
    Yes, you can. SonicBrawler (Mizumi) made a tutorial on it.
    Lucas Main
  • 1mo
    PhilDawson avatar
    PhilDawson Offline
    Member Joined 1mo
    Posted by D3_Gaming

I actually did see that video, from what I can tell it still uses the original characters data as a source, I'm looking for a solution does not.

To clarify, I'm not looking to add two ways to access the same character, each way targeting different costumes, I'm looking for a way to make a copy of the character, both on the CSS and in the files so that changes to one do not effect the other.
    Bananite
  • 1mo
    RunNGun avatar
    RunNGun Offline
    Member Joined 6mo
    332 points Ranked 11625th
    Posted by PhilDawson

Posted by D3_Gaming

I actually did see that video, from what I can tell it still uses the original characters data as a source, I'm looking for a solution does not.

To clarify, I'm not looking to add two ways to access the same character, each way targeting different costumes, I'm looking for a way to make a copy of the character, both on the CSS and in the files so that changes to one do not effect the other.
    nope it's exactly what you want
    Professional memer
  • 1mo
    Solotato avatar
    Solotato avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Despite what those two say, no. Slot cloning is impossible. Making two different icons correspond to the same character, just a different costume, is possible. But having two separate slots with separate data for the same base character is still restricted to Brawl. Hence why there are no Wolf mods that don't have a separate slot, they replace an existing character, in that case Fox. 
    a rad potato
  • 1mo
    Mega Scout avatar
    Mega Scout Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    486 points Ranked 8594th
    I remember a while back someone accidentally cloned Mega Man's files and got an extra Mega Man that could be modified with out affecting the original. Sadly, no one has figured out how to do that manually.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

PhilDawson avatar
PhilDawson Offline
Member Joined 1mo