Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Bad Mods List (SM4SH)

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending RareKirby points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Updates

Glitches Included
  • Glitches happens with models and skin, those wont be added here.
RareKirby avatar
RareKirby avatar Offline
Member Joined 11mo
RareKirby avatar
RareKirby
1mo
Crash Update
  • Updated information on smash crashes
RareKirby avatar
RareKirby avatar Offline
Member Joined 11mo
RareKirby avatar
RareKirby
1mo
Smash mods that crashes, or bad csp that crashes can be posted here. I downloaded I a lot of mods here and I'm not sure which ones are crashing me. I made this so you guys can list smash mods that crashes. This idea is probably stupid and might not work but eh. 

the list so far: 

1.Adding any texture/model mods on rob/robot pass c07 (c08 above) crashes Wii U

2. Adding any mods on DrMario pass c08 crashes Wii U(can be fixed by adding more stethoscope like c08 and above but crashes online users who has no mods when Dr.Mario does his stethoscope finishing animation taunt)(you can hold DPad taunts right left or down at the end of a battle to prevent the animation)

3. Extra slots on game and watch cause opponents games to crash when using his final smash  

4. Extra slots with ROB crash because you need extra models for gyro and gyroholder. To fix it, all you have to do is extract cXX's from those two folders in Sm4shExplorer, rename them to c08 etc. and put them back in. The same goes for Metaknight's mantle. 

Important Glitches:

1. Extra slots on kirby cause him to go into a locked state in a t-pose when using a copy ability

2. Extra slots on yoshi cause his dair effects or other effects appears whenever he shields

• 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    I didn't made this to bash on people's work. If you have your mods on the list maybe fix it. Crashes can break Wii Us
    • Agree x 1
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    D3 Gaming avatar
    D3 Gaming avatar Not Here
    Member Joined 3mo
    341 points Ranked 11367th
    Hello, the Virtual Boy Rob crashed my game on the loading screen after selecting a stage. When does your game crash.
    Lucas Main
  • 1mo
    A9A9 avatar
    A9A9 Offline
    Member Joined 4mo
    230 points Ranked 15368th
    Posted by D3_Gaming

Hello, the Virtual Boy Rob crashed my game on the loading screen after selecting a stage. When does your game crash.
    That's because you can't make new slots for rob AFAIK. Put it over an existing slot.
    fugg
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by A9A9

Posted by D3_Gaming

That's because you can't make new slots for rob AFAIK. Put it over an existing slot.
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    Superteletubbies64 avatar
    Member Joined 10mo
    301 points Ranked 12542nd
    4 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    Posted by RareKirby

I didn't made this to bash on people's work. If you have your mods on the list maybe fix it. Crashes can break Wii Us
    Really? Mine crashed like 100 times and is still alive

I expected this to be a list of mods that look bad like those still image mods
    HAPPY FEET WOMBO COMBO
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Superteletubbies64

Posted by RareKirby

Really? Mine crashed like 100 times and is still alive

I expected this to be a list of mods that look bad like those still image mods

Depends on how old your Wii U is I guess. 2 of my used wii u from launch date broke due to crash. It lasted for years 2nd one only lasted 6 months, both broke due to crash. You get an error code that reads 160 1400 problem with disc drive. I mean I was just like you and didn't care if I crashed but after 2 broken Wii Us maaan. It's a black screen of death and replacing disc drive and keeping logic board doesn't work. It's a false error code. 
    I hate when people bring up "mine crashed 100 times" doesn't mean it's a good thing my dude. That's like saying I shut down my computer by force constantly and it still guuuddd'' yeah okay keep doing it
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    D3 Gaming avatar
    D3 Gaming avatar Not Here
    Member Joined 3mo
    341 points Ranked 11367th
    Posted by A9A9

Posted by D3_Gaming

Thank you, I'll fix that now.
    Lucas Main
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by D3_Gaming

Posted by A9A9

Posted by D3_Gaming

Thank you, I'll fix that now.

I get inf loading on my screen and I deleted my db and ui like wtf
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    DerwinTheDank avatar
    Member Joined 11mo
    How about Yoshi's glitch with the hitting animations lasting for the whole battle.
    Dank Memes avatar
    Mantra
    Dank Memes
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by DerwinTheDank

How about Yoshi's glitch with the hitting animations lasting for the whole battle.

I was gonna add glitches but there's a lot of those that will be a waste of time adding here because they aren't huge troubles
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    StankKnight avatar
    StankKnight avatar Yup I died.
    Member Joined 11mo
    716 points Ranked 6090th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    • Received thanks 5 times Medal icon
    • Reached 10 subscribers Medal icon
    Posted by DerwinTheDank

That was fix by ZarkLord​.
    i really like cheese
  • 1mo
    Ringabel avatar
    Ringabel Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    267 points Ranked 13760th
    Might just be me, but mine crash when i try to use Dial M for Monkey over diddy
    Bananite
  • 1mo
    Apocalypsehigh avatar
    Member Joined 11mo
    Extra slots on kirby cause him to go into a locked state in a t-pose when using a copy ability

Extra slots on yoshi cause his dair effects to appear whenever he shields

Extra slots on game and watch cause opponents games to crash when using his final smash
    Weeb Trash
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Ringabel

Might just be me, but mine crash when i try to use Dial M for Monkey over diddy

Dial M. Skins like mr.crabs tend to crash. I should probably put that in too but i need details
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    Storm569 avatar
    Storm569 Offline
    Member Joined 6mo
    137 points Ranked 22023rd
    Crashes don't damage your system, all that happens is it needs to be turned off.
    • Dumb x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • wtf x 2
    • Agree x 4
    Bananite
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Borderline Almost

Crashes don't damage your system, all that happens is it needs to be turned off.

crashes = force shut down 
    force shut down = chances of breaking Wii U. 

A lot of people had the error code 160 1400

(black screen of death from crashes) 

Do research before commenting. These comments are annoying even Nintendo doesn't support constantly force shut down and recommends you don't do it often. Literally gives you a message when you force shut down. 
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    j4c0bb avatar
    j4c0bb Offline
    Member Joined 6mo
    529 points Ranked 7923rd
    5 medals 1 rare
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    What about the fact that extra Mewtwo slots don't have tail trails?

Not really a glitch, as it works online, but it is visually annoying.
    Smasher
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by j4c0bb

What about the fact that extra Mewtwo slots don't have tail trails?

Not really a glitch, as it works online, but it is visually annoying.

Lol point of this was to prevent annoying crashes. I didn't even wanted to put glitches but you guys seem to want them. I can't put small glitches like that but good to know lol 
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    Storm569 avatar
    Storm569 Offline
    Member Joined 6mo
    137 points Ranked 22023rd
    Posted by RareKirby

Do research before commenting. These comments are annoying even Nintendo doesn't support constantly force shut down and recommends you don't do it often. Literally gives you a message when you force shut down. 
    I have done a bit of research. I haven't found anything saying that error is common, or anyone other than you saying it's caused by forced shutdowns. Your claims so far have been anecdotal.

Regardless, you accept responsibility for your console when you use mods. If you're so concerned about damage from crashes, either don't use mods or make sure each mod works first. Modders don't really have any requirement to foolproof their mods.
    • Rude x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Bananite
  • 1mo
    Sir Demyx avatar
    Sir Demyx Offline
    Member Joined 9mo
    165 points Ranked 19411st
    Extra slots with ROB crash because you need extra models for gyro and gyroholder. To fix it, all you have to do is extract cXX's from those two folders in Sm4shExplorer, rename them to c08 etc. and put them back in. The same goes for Metaknight's mantle. (How do people not know this stuff by now)
    Dance water, dance!
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    1. Posted by Borderline Almost

Posted by RareKirby

I have done a bit of research. I haven't found anything saying that error is common, or anyone other than you saying it's caused by forced shutdowns. Your claims so far have been anecdotal.

Regardless, you accept responsibility for your console when you use mods. If you're so concerned about damage from crashes, either don't use mods or make sure each mod works first. Modders don't really have any requirement to foolproof their mods.

Smash Mods don't break Wii U. Force shut down does.

It's not that common but it's been happening to people (mostly people who mod Vwii) It's not easy to find by google apparently but I've been on couple of threads on GBAtemp where I've discuss this with a few others. I have 2 broken Wii Us and one broke from Vwii the other from just crashing on browser. So it isn't mods, it's force shut down which can mess things up. Faulty hardware. A lot of people keeps doubting me like wtf???? it's irritating  and it pisses me off now because people like you keeps bashing on it when i'm here to help prevent it from happening to you guys. You think i'm writing all this for FUNNIES AND JOKES??!!! I have a new Wii U so I'm not crying either so i don't know why you want to push me down and say no not true RAREKIRBY.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-160-1400-error-no-disk.407829/

here's one of the thread. More information about this around gbatemp maybe around Vwii section. Not gonna find it for you though (i've tried) 

If you still don't believe me then go ahead keep crashing my dude C: it's stupid because it literally happened to me twice

You're kinda just being a dick to be honest. Mods in general all have consequences. We all accept it by doing it, but doesn't mean we have to crash or break in general why would you want to crash? ''you asked for it'' Why do feel the need to be a dick? Trying to act higher up as if you know more than me. I've seen that a lot lately like on my last thread about how people should not just post nuts and nuds and all the files. There's always someone that just wants to disagree and say something like ''we don't have to do it, you could just extract yourself, you know it's easy to extract 200 files and get the files yourself'' Like it's not that hard to be nice. To be honest, people were nicer back on Wii modding days. I can't believe you guys got me ranting because FUCK I'M SICK OF IT

You don't even have mods made and you're trying to act higher up than me? Like fuck dude. You suck . I've probably know more than you on everything. I'm getting personal here now i know, but ay fuck you.  When I first came here or on gbatemp I was nice to everyone now and helped a lot of people, now i get shit on.  
    • Rude x 2
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Sir Demyx

Extra slots with ROB crash because you need extra models for gyro and gyroholder. To fix it, all you have to do is extract cXX's from those two folders in Sm4shExplorer, rename them to c08 etc. and put them back in. The same goes for Metaknight's mantle. (How do people not know this stuff by now)

in that case it's good to be put on the list because it will crash online players who doesn't have your rob mods
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    Just gonna say... whenever I had to hard reset my Wii U, it never gave me a message about it once I turned it back on. They also don't harm your Wii U if it is a stable one. All the ones you bought must've been defective, because an in-game crash does not mess up your console to the point of it never working again normally. So you must have gotten faulty ones. Mine had crashed a few times and it runs perfectly fine. My Wii crashed hundreds of times due to trial and error modding with Brawl, and that still runs perfectly fine as well. I kinda think you're just making these to garner attention to yourself and to make problems out of nothing. It's kinda sad actually.

Oh, and I know this is gonna get your trademark Rude, Dumb, WTF stamp combo because it's not agreeing with what you brought up. Just like all the others. Enjoy doing that I guess. I honestly hope you get banned from here, because all you resort to is name calling and insults to those who disagree with your viewpoint. You really need to chill. 
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • wtf x 1
    1000 IQ Killjoy Detective
  • 1mo
    Dr. HyperCake avatar
    Member Joined 9mo
    3,860 points Ranked 1164th
    14 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 1st Place - 2016 Winter Mapping Contest Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Submitted 10 Skins Medal icon
    A telltale sign of a lost debate is one in which you've begun throwing insults. Contrary to arrogant belief, they do not count as a rebuttal nor do they make sound a hollow argument.

I agree with Borderline's point about a lack of responsibility on the part of modders. Yes, it would be wise for a modder to at least ensure their mod is functional, but modding is merely a hobby and does not come with an obligation to foolproof the content from causing a system crash (which are, for most people at least, harmless).

Nice ad hominem, by the way, in attacking Borderline's lack of released mods, which is largely unrelated to the topic.

This thread - which is somewhat amusingly named 'Bad Mods List' despite "[not being] made to bash on people's work" - would appear to serve little purpose, as an issue with a mod would be better taken up on the submission's page, where it actually stands a chance of being noticed by the mod's creator.
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    Baker of Mods
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Nao-chan

Just gonna say... whenever I had to hard reset my Wii U, it never gave me a message about it once I turned it back on. They also don't harm your Wii U if it is a stable one. All the ones you bought must've been defective, because an in-game crash does not mess up your console to the point of it never working again normally. So you must have gotten faulty ones. Mine had crashed a few times and it runs perfectly fine. My Wii crashed hundreds of times due to trial and error modding with Brawl, and that still runs perfectly fine as well. I kinda think you're just making these to garner attention to yourself and to make problems out of nothing. It's kinda sad actually.

Oh, and I know this is gonna get your trademark Rude, Dumb, WTF stamp combo because it's not agreeing with what you brought up. Just like all the others. Enjoy doing that I guess. I honestly hope you get banned from here, because all you resort to is name calling and insults to those who disagree with your viewpoint. You really need to chill. 

you never had broken wii us to talk dude. Itps not common and both the wii us were old. not defective both were 2013
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    Mine is a day one Wii U, Rare. Age has nothing to do with it. Defective production does.
    1000 IQ Killjoy Detective
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Dr. HyperCake

A telltale sign of a lost debate is one in which you've begun throwing insults. Contrary to arrogant belief, they do not count as a rebuttal nor do they make sound a hollow argument.

I agree with Borderline's point about a lack of responsibility on the part of modders. Yes, it would be wise for a modder to at least ensure their mod is functional, but modding is merely a hobby and does not come with an obligation to foolproof the content from causing a system crash (which are, for most people at least, harmless).

Nice ad hominem, by the way, in attacking Borderline's lack of released mods, which is largely unrelated to the topic.

This thread - which is somewhat amusingly named 'Bad Mods List' despite "[not being] made to bash on people's work" - would appear to serve little purpose, as an issue with a mod would be better taken up on the submission's page, where it actually stands a chance of being noticed by the mod's creator.

it's already noticeable this thread i mean look at the comments. You guys are just acting higher ups. I never said it was anyone's fault my Wii U broke. This was made avoid any crashes cause it COULD  break your wii u. And you can deny it all you want. It wasn't defective it lasted since 2013 both of them.  Just cause your wii u isn't broken doesn't mean you know it all. If force shut down wasnt a big deal then why does nintendo tell you not to do it?
    Animating and Gaming
  • 1mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    Posted by Nao-chan

Mine is a day one Wii U, Rare. Age has nothing to do with it. Defective production does.

When you force shut down a computer constantly it will break but not for everyone. Force shut down CAN break your wii u. Nintendo even says don't. Even if you disbelieve it, this thread was meant to prevent crash?????? like it's stupid. I've never even blamed anyone for my broken wii u but you guys are like ''it's your fault'' like wtf???? I wasn't pointing fingers
    Animating and Gaming

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

RareKirby avatar
RareKirby avatar Offline
Member Joined 11mo