Team Fortress 2 Icon TF2 Thread

Team Fortress 2 SFM Player Models Mod Revived

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending DaInferno points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

8 months ago, I started working on a project to revive an SFM Player Models pack, however, the models ended up being unfixable and thus I dropped the project entirely, until now. I managed to update the animations for an old SFM player models mod made by Gintoki Sakata, except for a few errors. The eyes of every class in the game has their eyes shut for some reason and a couple taunts are not working.

The mod is like 90% complete, I just need help fixing this small errors then I'll be fully finished with it. If anyone could help me out with this, it'd be REALLY great. I literally just started working on reviving this mod after 8 months.
Here's a link to the mod page I made: http://gamebanana.com/skins/153619

The mods that currently still do not work are:
Boston Breakdance
Soldier's Requiem
Fubar Fanfare
Pool Party
Balloonibouncer
Bad Pipes
Proletariat Posedown
Bucking Bronco
Killer Solo
Most Wanted
Box Trot
Disco Fever
Burstchester
Zoomin' Broom

Second Rate Sorcery

Victory Lap

Comments

• Corvalho avatar
    Corvalho avatar amongst us
    Homepage
    Apocalyptic Flag Affiliation: Apocalyptic
    Moderator Joined 6 years ago
    50,306 points Ranked 75th
    69 medals 14 legendary 15 rare
    • 1st Place - Oddities Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Powerful Tools Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Summertime Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - L4D2 Skinning Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Sci-Fi Concepts Contest Medal icon
    • 1st Place - Halloween Skinning Contest 2014 Medal icon
    Corvalho avatar
    Corvalho
    Apocalyptic Flag
    Apocalyptic
    8 days ago:
    This line in the qc file might be what you are looking for:

$includemodel "workshop/player/animations/<class>_workshop_animations.mdl"

Replacing <class> with the class name obviously.
    Mantra
  • [N-Cognito] avatar
    [N-Cognito] avatar Offline
    Member Joined 5 years ago
    19,530 points Ranked 217th
    34 medals 4 legendary 6 rare
    • 1st Place - Halloween Concept Art Contest 2014 Medal icon
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - The Uberstyle Christmas Conversion 2015 Contest Medal icon
    8 days ago:
    Some of the taunts (the ones with props) don't work because your models are missing the prop_bones (usually 6 on each model). They share the same position as the Pelvis bone, and are parented to it.

The eyelids don't function because Crowbar can't decompile them correctly. Here are some of the fixed lines from SergeantJoe's old 2013 SDK Fixes (If you'd like, I can send over the entire fixed Flex QCs after I get the time to test them)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flexpair "CloseLidLo" 1.0 frame 1 position 2.0 decay 0.0
      flexpair "CloseLidUp" 1.0 frame 2 position 2.0 decay 0.0

Replace:

%CloseLidLoR = 0.5 + (right_CloseLid / 2.0) - ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + right_CloseLid))
    %CloseLidUpR = 0.5 + (right_CloseLid / 2.0) + ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + right_CloseLid))
    %CloseLidLoL = 0.5 + (left_CloseLid / 2.0) - ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + left_CloseLid))
    %CloseLidUpL = 0.5 + (left_CloseLid / 2.0) + ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + left_CloseLid))

Replace:
    // [Decompiler failed to parse expression. Please report the error with the following info: this qc file, the mdl filename that was decompiled, and where the mdl file was found (e.g. the game's name or a web link).]
    // [Decompiler failed to parse expression. Please report the error with the following info: this qc file, the mdl filename that was decompiled, and where the mdl file was found (e.g. the game's name or a web link).]
    I fix things
  • DaInferno avatar
    DaInferno Offline
    Member Joined 1 year ago
    362 points Ranked 10708th
    7 days ago:
    Posted by [N-Cognito]

Some of the taunts (the ones with props) don't work because your models are missing the prop_bones (usually 6 on each model). They share the same position as the Pelvis bone, and are parented to it.

The eyelids don't function because Crowbar can't decompile them correctly. Here are some of the fixed lines from SergeantJoe's old 2013 SDK Fixes (If you'd like, I can send over the entire fixed Flex QCs after I get the time to test them)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replace:

%CloseLidLoR = 0.5 + (right_CloseLid / 2.0) - ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + right_CloseLid))
    %CloseLidUpR = 0.5 + (right_CloseLid / 2.0) + ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + right_CloseLid))
    %CloseLidLoL = 0.5 + (left_CloseLid / 2.0) - ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + left_CloseLid))
    %CloseLidUpL = 0.5 + (left_CloseLid / 2.0) + ((multi_CloseLid / 2.0) * (1.0 + left_CloseLid))

Replace:
    Yes, please, if you could send the fixed QC's, that'd be great!
    Insert shitpost meme here.
  • [N-Cognito] avatar
    7 days ago:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/49rre00t7dej3d8/Fixed_2013_Flex_QCs.zip

These might be outdated, since they're from 2013. You'll have to replace $facialFile$ with your VTA file for each class, which are usually just (class).vta

You can either just copy-paste them into your QCs, or use an $include command

For the bones, You'll just have to update those manually.
    I fix things
  • DaInferno avatar
    DaInferno Offline
    Member Joined 1 year ago
    5 days ago:
    Posted by [N-Cognito]

These might be outdated, since they're from 2013. You'll have to replace $facialFile$ with your VTA file for each class, which are usually just (class).vta

Okay, so I copied and pasted the stuff inside the qci files and put them inside each of the QCs, but none of the QCs compiled. You think you could maybe download what I have so far on my mod page and see what's wrong?
  • [N-Cognito] avatar
    4 days ago:
    Posted by DaInferno

Posted by [N-Cognito]

Okay, so I copied and pasted the stuff inside the qci files and put them inside each of the QCs, but none of the QCs compiled. You think you could maybe download what I have so far on my mod page and see what's wrong?
    What error does it give you when you try to compile (and what does your QC look like after you add the "fixed" parts?)
    I fix things
  • DaInferno avatar
    DaInferno Offline
    Member Joined 1 year ago
    4 days ago:
    Posted by [N-Cognito]

Posted by DaInferno

Posted by [N-Cognito]

What error does it give you when you try to compile (and what does your QC look like after you add the "fixed" parts?)
    Well you see, every time I try to compile the QC files with crowbar, nothing happens. No mdl files at all.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

DaInferno avatar
DaInferno Offline
Member Joined 1 year ago