Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Please stop with Models and Textures ONLY on skins

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending RareKirby points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Sorry to be a little bitch but holy shit, I'm sick of the people uploading skins that only includes textures(Model.nut) and Models(Model.nud). You're not cute or smart, like okay we get it, that's all we need, but not everyone wants to just replace those. I think this will be helpful for all of us, especially the people here who has so many mods that they need to fit in a c08 and above, but they can't cause all you're giving them are Nuts and Nuds! Like sure we can just extract them but come on, please make it easy for us. Again sorry for being a whiny bitch

• 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    I guess this isn't troublesome for everyone when you're just downloading one mod at a time or 2. I recently got a new Wii U so haven't been on gamebanana until now, Downloaded about 200 mods that you guys made and this really bothers me because I have to go through 200 files and I can't just drag and drop them because they're missing files. You guys been making awesome mods!
    • Rude x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    MeesterC avatar
    MeesterC avatar Chugging Bleach
    Member Joined 9mo
    Just extract them, it doesn't take long and Gamebanana doesn't require all of those files.
    • Dumb x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    Kill me please :3
  • 3mo
    HaFWiT avatar
    HaFWiT avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    276 points Ranked 13675th
    7 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Reached 10 subscribers Medal icon
    Takes up less drive space for one thing :)
    • Dumb x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • wtf x 1
    Marth/SheikMain who hates WiFi
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by MeesterC

Just extract them, it doesn't take long and Gamebanana doesn't require all of those files.

Like I said it's tough extracting each time when you downloaded 200 files
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    AnalogFlame avatar
    AnalogFlame avatar Offline
    Member Joined 2y
    6,248 points Ranked 703rd
    21 medals 2 legendary 5 rare
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    MSL auto takes care of these issues for u
    • Have my babies x 1
    • Helpful x 1
    I can put anything here?! avatar
    Mantra
    I can put anything here?!
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by HaFWiT

Takes up less drive space for one thing :)
    If you have enough space for smash you have enough space for small files like models C: and if you run out of space you can make time to delete files C8 just like how you make me make time to extract
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by AnalogFlame

it does? I have MSL. So When I drag and drop and they only have nut and nuds I'm still good? 
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    Hitman JT avatar
    Hitman JT Offline
    Member Joined 7mo
    308 points Ranked 12426th
    Reminder that people are doing this for free as a hobby.
    1. They don't have to cater to your needs
    2. They don't have to upload anything at all
    3. Seriously, extracting the additional files takes all of like 10 seconds
    4. No one told you to go download 200 mods at once lmao
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Rude x 1
    • Win x 1
    Bananite
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by AnalogFlame

sadly no. I exported my msl stuff onto file explorer and the ones with nuts and nuds are by themselves. This can crash people's Wii U.  
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by Hitman JT

Reminder that people are doing this for free as a hobby.
    1. They don't have to cater to your needs
    2. They don't have to upload anything at all
    3. Seriously, extracting the additional files takes all of like 10 seconds
    4. No one told you to go download 200 mods at once lmao

no disrespect but I have to disagree. Constantly extracting cause somebody didn't add all the models is turning downloader's fun into a job. But it was just a favor I want from people i'm sure it would of helped others
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    Hitman JT avatar
    Hitman JT Offline
    Member Joined 7mo
    308 points Ranked 12426th
    Compared to the effort it takes to even make the mod in the first place, it's not a big deal and it won't kill you. Be more grateful that they took the time to make the mod at all. On the page where you download the mod you can scroll down and check to see the files that it comes with...then you can just opt not to download it if it doesn't come with everything you need so you won't have this problem during one of your splurges.
    • Agree x 1
    Bananite
  • 3mo
    jewlecho avatar
    jewlecho avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    329 points Ranked 11926th
    9 medals 4 rare
    • Thanked 5 submitters Medal icon
    I don't think anyone is trying to be cute or smart by not adding the whole cXX folder. I'm pretty sure that the people who do that either don't care, don't know, or didn't consider ease of use for their mod. I highly doubt anyone is doing it to be spiteful.

I probably update my modpack once every 2 or so weeks and end up putting in around 45-65+ mods at a time. It's honestly not a pain if mods only contain the nut and nud. And yes, a lot of them go on extra slots so I do need to extract folders...but again, it's not a pain.

As mentioned in this thread before, you can see the contents of the download before you even download it. Just don't download if it's that big of a problem for you.

If a mod doesn't have the 4 basic chr files then I usually don't download it. I don't complain about it. If I do like a mod enough I'll use placeholders or make the csps myself.

The bottom line is, it's really nice when a mod includes everything you need so it's complete...but they don't have to do it.
    • Helpful x 1
    ~ Team Mom ~
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by jewlecho

I don't think anyone is trying to be cute or smart by not adding the whole cXX folder. I'm pretty sure that the people who do that either don't care, don't know, or didn't consider ease of use for their mod. I highly doubt anyone is doing it to be spiteful.

I probably update my modpack once every 2 or so weeks and end up putting in around 45-65+ mods at a time. It's honestly not a pain if mods only contain the nut and nud. And yes, a lot of them go on extra slots so I do need to extract folders...but again, it's not a pain.

As mentioned in this thread before, you can see the contents of the download before you even download it. Just don't download if it's that big of a problem for you.

If a mod doesn't have the 4 basic chr files then I usually don't download it. I don't complain about it. If I do like a mod enough I'll use placeholders or make the csps myself.

The bottom line is, it's really nice when a mod includes everything you need so it's complete...but they don't have to do it.
    never said they had to, just asking so it'd be easy. it's 200 mods +. Cause I had no mods and i downloaded a lot that like. it's like a job omg. like i'm almost done like 10 more mods. I've been doing this for like a week now. been slacking and stuff but it's a lot of work like a lot. I would of gone insane if i didn't have msl. Anyway lol I said please and I said sorry for bitching. Cause I know I am lol. I still got the voices to go. 
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    Nao-chan avatar
    Nao-chan Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    738 points Ranked 5982nd
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    Copy /paste. That is literally all you need to do. How difficult is that? Not one bit. I've gotten well over 200 at this point and I've only run into a handful, if that, of people who don't have everything. 

Bitching at everyone in a thread isn't the way you go about helping people.
    • Rude x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    1000 IQ Killjoy Detective
  • 3mo
    Sir Demyx avatar
    Sir Demyx Offline
    Member Joined 10mo
    596 points Ranked 7192nd
    I 100% agree with this thread. It may not be hard to extract files, but then think about this: would it be more convenient to 100 people downloading a mod to extract files 100 times, or for the person making the mod to just extract the files once and include them in the download? The same goes for lxx files. If a fighter has them, include them in the download.

The point is, when someone takes their time to make a skin mod, the very least they could do is take an extra 30 seconds to extract the files and include them in the download. My modpack already takes over an hour to pack, don't make me waste my time extracting files that should have been included in the download to begin with. Saying they don't have to is saying a D is a passing grade.
    Dance water, dance!
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by Sir Demyx

I 100% agree with this thread. It may not be hard to extract files, but then think about this: would it be more convenient to 100 people downloading a mod to extract files 100 times, or for the person making the mod to just extract the files once and include them in the download? The same goes for lxx files. If a fighter has them, include them in the download.

The point is, when someone takes their time to make a skin mod, the very least they could do is take an extra 30 seconds to extract the files and include them in the download. My modpack already takes over an hour to pack, don't make me waste my time extracting files that should have been included in the download to begin with. Saying they don't have to is saying a D is a passing grade.
    Ikr? Don't think they'll listen though. Nao-chan thinks it's that simple. It really isn't. Sure you have 200 downloads but you extracted them days before and downloaded one by one. I downloaded these in a day and It's VERY tough opening Smash explorer just to extract each character that only has nuts and nuds then opening msl

They aren't considerate
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by Hitman JT

Compared to the effort it takes to even make the mod in the first place, it's not a big deal and it won't kill you. Be more grateful that they took the time to make the mod at all. On the page where you download the mod you can scroll down and check to see the files that it comes with...then you can just opt not to download it if it doesn't come with everything you need so you won't have this problem during one of your splurges.
    I'm an animator and back in the day before mp4 were in HD I took my time and hard work into making sure flash loading screens wouldn't load so long. i took the time and effort to shrink files so that people can watch a normal animation without having to wait, you're basically saying it's okay to be inconsiderate because you work hard on it. That's like if I made a mod and put every single file separated and in 100 folders for you to find. That isn't fun you know. I don't know where you guys get the idea that EXTRACTING IS EASY. Who says? It's not. You have to find the character and extract their stuff and some people can't even extract often, like me, because I didn't get the USA smash. After you extract you have to paste it with the mod and not replace the nuts and nuds. Then paste it on mls or smash explorer and then somebody else didn't include the rest of the files so the process repeats over and over. This is really time consuming especially when you got voices and other mods to put later. Feels like you guys are just offended here when really i'm just asking a favor. 
    Animating and Gaming
  • 3mo
    Nao-chan avatar
    Nao-chan Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    738 points Ranked 5982nd
    9 medals 1 rare
    Posted by RareKirby

Posted by Sir Demyx

Ikr? Don't think they'll listen though. Nao-chan thinks it's that simple. It really isn't. Sure you have 200 downloads but you extracted them days before and downloaded one by one. I downloaded these in a day and It's VERY tough opening Smash explorer just to extract each character that only has nuts and nuds then opening msl

They aren't considerate

It seriously doesn't take that much time man, even in bulk. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The thing you described in your last post takes less than a minute. So, if you actually calculate that, it'd take you roughly an hour and a half to do all of the skins. And I know you didn't get all 200 without every file needed. So it's even less. Again, bitching at people to do something that would in total, take you less than two hours to accomplish out of your day, isn't gonna do much to help your situation. And no, we aren't "offended"... we just think this is a stupid issue to even bring up in the first place. 
    • Dumb x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Rude x 1
  • 3mo
    BrutalBub avatar
    BrutalBub Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    337 points Ranked 11581st
    5 medals 1 rare
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Posted by RareKirby

I guess this isn't troublesome for everyone when you're just downloading one mod at a time or 2. I recently got a new Wii U so haven't been on gamebanana until now, Downloaded about 200 mods that you guys made and this really bothers me because I have to go through 200 files and I can't just drag and drop them because they're missing files. You guys been making awesome mods!
    Why not just extract all the mods into one whole backup folder so if you have to do it again, you don't have to download them again?
    • Disagree x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Helpful x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    Bananite
  • 2mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by Nao-chan

Posted by RareKirby

Posted by Sir Demyx

They aren't considerate

It seriously doesn't take that much time man, even in bulk. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The thing you described in your last post takes less than a minute. So, if you actually calculate that, it'd take you roughly an hour and a half to do all of the skins. And I know you didn't get all 200 without every file needed. So it's even less. Again, bitching at people to do something that would in total, take you less than two hours to accomplish out of your day, isn't gonna do much to help your situation. And no, we aren't "offended"... we just think this is a stupid issue to even bring up in the first place. 
    My point still valid. I downloaded everything that came with the mods, it's not even less it's more than 200 i just said 200 cause i'm not calculating. One or 5 files, sure extract them. it isn't fucking easy doing 200 files? 1 hour? please babe, it took me a whole week and i spend about 5 hours a day on it.  Especially files like the goku one with 30 outfits. but they weren't dicks. Most people  has it all there for you <3 imagine dude, 30 characters with only nuts and nuds. thank god he was considerate. I asked nicely and even said I was bitching. But now you're just being rude. Fuck off dude It's only easy for you cause you're only downloading a few. ''but i have 300'' you didn't get them all in a day I was only asking. Ever thought about the new modders here? Jokes on you anyway, most people are uploading more than just the nuts and nuds now. So go be upset. Go be upset because you thought you were clever on uploading just your nuts. 
    • Dumb x 1
    • Rude x 1
    Animating and Gaming
  • 2mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by BrutalBub

Posted by RareKirby

Why not just extract all the mods into one whole backup folder so if you have to do it again, you don't have to download them again?
    i disagree but i might have to do that anyway. It's lame but it's a good idea.
    Animating and Gaming
  • 2mo
    Nao-chan avatar
    Nao-chan Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    738 points Ranked 5982nd
    9 medals 1 rare
    And you called me rude and dumb for my posts. Honestly, I was never upset at all. I just thought this was pointless. But you can continue to think your ways of insulting people actually works.

Also it took you a week to finish? Please. It's not like you're downloading everything from the internet. It should only take you a few hours at most with how much you had. Whatever, stay salty at an easy problem to fix I guess. That's stress you obviously want to give yourself for no reason.
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  • 2mo
    BrutalBub avatar
    BrutalBub Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    337 points Ranked 11581st
    5 medals 1 rare
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Posted by RareKirby

Posted by BrutalBub

Posted by RareKirby

It may be lame, but it definitely gives a better result than trying to tell people to cater to your wants.
    Bananite
  • 2mo
    RareKirby avatar
    RareKirby avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    Posted by BrutalBub

Posted by RareKirby

Posted by BrutalBub

Posted by RareKirby

It may be lame, but it definitely gives a better result than trying to tell people to cater to your wants.
    Wasn't much of a cater chill. This was for everyone just to make things easier. MLS was made to make things easier like i felt like someone had to bring it up. It's idiotic and you're an idiot if you're defending it
    Animating and Gaming

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

RareKirby avatar
RareKirby avatar Offline
Member Joined 1y