Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS Icon SSB3DS Thread

Smash Mods Have Long Load Times Since I Updated

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending twosontown points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

So before I updated my luma3ds to 6.6 my smash mods loaded completely fine, loading times were just like normal and I could play online. But after updating to 6.6 my smash game now has ridiculous load times, making it so I cant play online as by the time the room online shows up i am disconnected from the other player(s). Here's a video of just how bad it is, my apologies for the background audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBCN8Sxat5c

Can anyone help me solve this? Its been this way for almost 2 months now and I'd really like to be able to play again

• 5mo
    TGS^Osval2king avatar
    Member Joined 9mo
    259 points Ranked 14447th
    Neos is the problem,isn't optimized,ccps and music are very weighty
    Bananite
  • 5mo
    RabbitTheGamer avatar
    Member Joined 5mo
    136 points Ranked 22688th
    A few things you should work on to maximize your load speeds:
    1. Delete all unnecessary content from your SD card.

2. If at all possible, get a faster SD card (U3 is recommended, my O3DS runs fine with it).

3. Remember that the last update that Nintendo put out (11.3) has affected the GPU, changing a lot of the speeds for games and such. The newest build of Luma is based around that I believe. If you are certain the problem is Luma, downgrade it to the previous build.
    Personally, I prefer the air
  • 5mo
    twosontown avatar
    twosontown Offline
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by RabbitTheGamer

2. If at all possible, get a faster SD card (U3 is recommended, my O3DS runs fine with it).

3. Remember that the last update that Nintendo put out (11.3) has affected the GPU, changing a lot of the speeds for games and such. The newest build of Luma is based around that I believe. If you are certain the problem is Luma, downgrade it to the previous build.

How would I do that? I'm fairly new to cfw and i don't know which files to replace 
    Bananite
  • 5mo
    RabbitTheGamer avatar
    Member Joined 5mo
    136 points Ranked 22688th
    Posted by twosontown

Posted by RabbitTheGamer

How would I do that? I'm fairly new to cfw and i don't know which files to replace 

I'm not going to get in depth with the Luma updating issue, but  if you followed 3ds.guide, you should have also installed the Luma updater which I believe allows you to downgrade software as well. In terms of deleting unnecessary content, delete 3dsx files you don't use or games that you don't play. 
    Personally, I prefer the air

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Send a Private Message to the submitter

Category

Stats