Portal 2 Icon P2 Thread

want to make a portal mod but I don't know how...

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Rees_K points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

help?

So I have a comprehensive plan, plot and script for a portal2 mod but I have absolutely no Idea what I'm doing.

I have a story  but I don't have any voice actors, programmers environment designers or any idea what the first step even is.

Help?

If you're really interested message me for more info and we can talk :)

• 4mo
    You sort of answered your own question. You need mapping skills in Hammer, which makes up 90% of the work unless you're planning to do lots of custom props and textures. You're unlikely to need any programming unless your adding additional functionality to the engine that doesn't already exist within hammer. Voice actors are something you only really need when the mod is close to completion, as you're bound to make changes and sacrifices along the way that ultimately change the script.

Unfortunately, I doubt anybody will just make a mod for you. You're going to have to bring something more to the table than just an idea I think.
    Bananite
  • 27d
    ItzNoOneMLG avatar
    Member Joined 27d
    i would like to help, i know a little about hammer and i could help with some voice-acting, but i also know a little of a few coding languages that include: C#, HTML, Java & JavaScript, and i have no clue what of those languages the source engine uses, but i am interested in helping so contact me if you'd like some help from me (PS: i might not be good for voice-acting because i'm 10 yrs old)
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Rees_K avatar
Rees_K Offline
Member Joined 4mo