Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Help w/ Moveset Editing/Smash Command

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Cyziax points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Already a Bananite? Login

Hello. 
I have the concept of a modpack all thought out and written down. I am currently working on putting it into action, though the goal of it won't be revealed until I actually release it. I have several questions regarding Smash Command. 
1. How do I make run/aerial speed faster/slower? 
2. How do I edit Luma's health, properties, etc.? 
3. How do I reduce endlag on a move/throw? 
4. How do I make a throw have more stun? 
5. How do I edit a grab's properties? 
6. How do I edit a character's weight? 
7. How do I edit damage? (I tried to do it and it didn't work when I did.)
8. How do I edit a jab's properties (multi-hit jab)? 
9. How do I edit the time it takes to charge limit for Cloud? 

If anyone could answer some or all of these questions, that would be fantastic because Smash Command has no clear tutorial even on here. Thanks!

• 6mo
    WILLisXJ9 avatar
    WILLisXJ9 Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    757 points Ranked 5794th
    6 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    1.Run/aerial speed is located in fighter_param.bin
    2. Luma Properties are under Rosa's character specific fighter_param.bin
    3.Landing lag for aerials is located in fighter_param.bin, FAF (First active frames out of a move) are located in the characters specific param file.
    4. Im assuming you mean hitstun, in Sm4shCommand there is a property each hitbox has called "hitlag" the higher the number obviously the more hitstun a move does.
    5. You need to elaborate on what exactly you want to change (Startup endlag etc)
    6. Weight is in fighter_param.bin
    7. damage can be edited in Sm4shCommand under the move you want to edit, the damage is literally labeled "Damage=__"
    8. Dunno if this is possible yet
    9. In his specific fighter_param.bin
    Bananite
  • 6mo
    Cyziax avatar
    Cyziax Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    236 points Ranked 15072nd
    Posted by WILLisXJ9

3.Landing lag for aerials is located in fighter_param.bin, FAF (First active frames out of a move) are located in the characters specific param file.
    4. Im assuming you mean hitstun, in Sm4shCommand there is a property each hitbox has called "hitlag" the higher the number obviously the more hitstun a move does.
    5. You need to elaborate on what exactly you want to change (Startup endlag etc)
    7. damage can be edited in Sm4shCommand under the move you want to edit, the damage is literally labeled "Damage=__"

I feel kinda stupid now lol. Thanks for the help though! And for the grab, I want to make it faster, such as Pac-Man or Villager's grab. 

Bananite
  • 6mo
    WILLisXJ9 avatar
    WILLisXJ9 Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    757 points Ranked 5794th
    6 medals 1 rare
    Posted by Cyziax

Posted by WILLisXJ9

I feel kinda stupid now lol. Thanks for the help though! And for the grab, I want to make it faster, such as Pac-Man or Villager's grab. 

I've modified Pac-Man's grab several times. What I do is use the command "Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=___) Usually I do about 0.5-0.8 for a value (because that equates to being 50% faster or 80% faster) You can do this at the end (Before Script_End as always) to make the endlag quicker or you can edit the FAF in the characters specific fighter_param.bin

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Cyziax avatar
    Cyziax Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    236 points Ranked 15072nd
    Posted by WILLisXJ9

Posted by Cyziax

Posted by WILLisXJ9

I've modified Pac-Man's grab several times. What I do is use the command "Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=___) Usually I do about 0.5-0.8 for a value (because that equates to being 50% faster or 80% faster) You can do this at the end (Before Script_End as always) to make the endlag quicker or you can edit the FAF in the characters specific fighter_param.bin

What is the label for grab in Smash Command?

Bananite
  • 6mo
    WILLisXJ9 avatar
    WILLisXJ9 Offline
    Member Joined 11mo
    757 points Ranked 5794th
    6 medals 1 rare
    Posted by Cyziax

Posted by WILLisXJ9

Posted by Cyziax

Posted by WILLisXJ9

What is the label for grab in Smash Command?

Catch is standing grab, CatchTurn is pivot grab, CatchDash is dash grab

Bananite
  • 6d
    Supermariofan6550 avatar
    Member Joined 1mo
    The game crashes whenever i use sm4sh command to edit fighter's moves. am i doing somthing incorectly? (for example I tried creating pre-patch Diddy Kong and the game freezes whenever i use him.)
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Cyziax avatar
Cyziax Offline
Member Joined 11mo