Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Icon SSBU Thread

Game Freezes when loading CSS

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Mr Spaceman points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Join GameBanana

Already a Bananite? Login

I added a couple mods (CSS Arangement, Clear CSS, Transparent Player Cards, Faster Cursor, and the Purple Smash Mod but I only added the Menu Mod and Result Screen) I don't think i added them wrong but for some reason whenever i go to Training, Classic, All-Star mode, Smash, etc. Wherever you can select a character the game freezes while loading. I've tried everything. i deleted all the mods that i listed and i deleted costumes on extra slots but the game still freezes. someone please help.

• 6mo
    Roadhog360 avatar
    Roadhog360 avatar Gone Forever
    Member Joined 9mo
    233 points Ranked 15224th
    Any chr_13 above 233kb will crash the game.
    iRoad avatar
    Mantra
    iRoad
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Roadhog360

Only chr_13?

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Roadhog360 avatar
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Only chr_13?

Yes. Only chr_13 is loaded on the CSS screens.

iRoad avatar
    Mantra
    iRoad
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Roadhog360

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Only chr_13?

okay thanks I'm gonna have to delete a lot of files then

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Roadhog360

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Only chr_13?

I don't have any folders above 233kb

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Roadhog360 avatar
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Only chr_13?

Look at the workspace folder. Also check the append folder.

iRoad avatar
    Mantra
    iRoad
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Roadhog360

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Roadhog360

Only chr_13?

Look at the workspace folder. Also check the append folder.

I still don't have any folders over 233kb

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Nepa avatar
    Nepa Rippu
    Member Joined 9mo
    Maybe one mod is corrupted, or you put a file in the wrong place, check if all the mods are in their places, i recommend to check all the ui folder, not only the chr_13, but almost all the css freezing in smash mode are for wrong files in chr_13, and before everything, you can play in 8 player smash?
    Hyperdimensional Weeb
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Nep-Nep

Maybe one mod is corrupted, or you put a file in the wrong place, check if all the mods are in their places, i recommend to check all the ui folder, not only the chr_13, but almost all the css freezing in smash mode are for wrong files in chr_13, and before everything, you can play in 8 player smash?
    I cannot play 8 player smash

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Nepa avatar
    Nepa Rippu
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Well, the only thing that remains is to check if you didn't put something in the wrong place, or maybe try to use your mods without the chr files, if it worked then the problem is with chr, and also check if append don't have anything out of place

Hyperdimensional Weeb
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Well, the only thing that remains is to check if you didn't put something in the wrong place, or maybe try to use your mods without the chr files, if it worked then the problem is with chr, and also check if append don't have anything out of place

nothing was out of place

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Nepa avatar
    Nepa Rippu
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

You added something like custom nameplates or new mods? (new skins with chr_ files)

Hyperdimensional Weeb
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

You added something like custom nameplates or new mods? (new skins with chr_ files)

yeah i added both but i added the custom nameplate before the game started crashing

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Nepa avatar
    Nepa Rippu
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

yeah i added both but i added the custom nameplate before the game started crashing

Then, the problem is with the ui from the mod that you added, try removing that chr files 

Hyperdimensional Weeb
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

Then, the problem is with the ui from the mod that you added, try removing that chr files 

its not the nameplate that's causing the game to crash i added it before it started crashing and it was working fine

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Nepa avatar
    Nepa Rippu
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

its not the nameplate that's causing the game to crash i added it before it started crashing and it was working fine

I'm saying that you should remove the files from the skin that you added, you said that you added both, so, remove the ui from the skin

Hyperdimensional Weeb
  • 6mo
    Mr Spaceman avatar
    Member Joined 6mo
    Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

I'm saying that you should remove the files from the skin that you added, you said that you added both, so, remove the ui from the skin

they are working now thanks so much

Bananite
  • 6mo
    Nepa avatar
    Nepa Rippu
    Member Joined 9mo
    Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

Posted by Mr Spaceman

Posted by Nep-Nep

nothing was out of place

they are working now thanks so much

No prob, if you have errors with the css or the sss the problem is always something in the ui

Hyperdimensional Weeb

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Send a Private Message to the submitter

Category

Stats