Reliable channel overflowed

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Commandeer points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

I've been googling this now and can't really find any good solutions. I know what can cause it in normal gaming, but what in a map can cause the server to give this error to all players on almost every round start ? I'm asking because my new deathrun map seems to give this error on a public server...I heard it could be because of too many entities, but I don't have too many of them. Any other things that could cause this error ?

Comments

• Sally-2K avatar
    Sally-2K Offline
    Member Joined 4 years ago
    1,794 points Ranked 2389th
    5 medals 0 legendary, 0 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    Disable mic chat that might help. But it mostly involves the entity limit being passed on the server.
    Call me Masterb8es
  • Commandeer avatar
    Commandeer Offline
    Member Joined 5 years ago
    3,264 points Ranked 1303rd
    10 medals 0 legendary, 0 rare
    • Submitted 10 Maps Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    That's what I've mostly read too...The entity limit is 512 if I'm correct ? My map has below 350, so is it the server plugins adding too many entities ?
  • 77incho_cs avatar
    77incho_cs avatar Offline
    Member Joined 7 years ago
    3,307 points Ranked 1288th
    12 medals 0 legendary, 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    a mi me pasa lo mismo con mi mapa deathrun_aperture, lei mucho pero son solo opiniones. No son las entidades y ya hice mil pruebas distintas sacando y poniendo cosas pero nada funciono :S
    [T]incho avatar
    Mantra
    [T]incho
  • Ricochet avatar
    Ricochet Offline
    1,363 points Ranked 3125th
    6 medals 0 legendary, 0 rare
    • 4 years a member Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    Iirc, after one of the recent steam updates for CS 1.6, the entity limit should now be ~1800. Btw, I see these errors occasionally in the servers i play (zombie mod); the server managers say they occur because of some faulty 3rd party plugins. Try playing around with cl..updaterate and cl..cmdrate, see if it helps.
    Bananite
  • r3D w0LF avatar
    r3D w0LF Offline
    1,748 points Ranked 2455th
    7 medals 0 legendary, 0 rare
    • Spriter of the Month, November 2012 Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    This is my video about cs 1.6 Dropped due to slot reservation. But it works also for reliable channel owerfload.
    r3D w0LF avatar
    Mantra
    r3D w0LF
  • Commandeer avatar
    Commandeer Offline
    3 years ago:
    Posted by Ricochet Iirc, after one of the recent steam updates for CS 1.6, the entity limit should now be ~1800. Btw, I see these errors occasionally in the servers i play (zombie mod); the server managers say they occur because of some faulty 3rd party plugins. Try playing around with cl..updaterate and cl..cmdrate, see if it helps.
    1800 ? Is this officially announced somewhere ? The server I'm dealing with has a lot of private plugins so that could very well be one of the causes. If the entity limit is really raised to amounts like that then it's very unlikely that the problem is in the map itself ? And yeah tincho it's sad that aperture didn't work because I really loved that map, especially aperture2 :/
  • Ricochet avatar
    Ricochet Offline
    1,363 points Ranked 3125th
    6 medals 0 legendary, 0 rare
    • 4 years a member Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    Counter-Strike 1.6 update released February 20th, 2013 - alfred
    • Added "edicts" option to liblist.gam file, for use in mods that want more than 900 entities in their maps
    • Increased supported entity count in Counter-Strike 1.6 to 1800
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/10/announcements?p=4
    Bananite
  • makiza avatar
    makiza Offline
    Member Joined 8 years ago
    996 points Ranked 4220th
    7 medals 0 legendary, 1 rare
    3 years ago:
    Everyone have no clue what the error means. "Reliable channel overflowed" means something like "the server is sending too much shit that i can't handle." and happens when you do lot of stuff at the same time. If it was for the entities then will be a crash with the "No free edicts" error. If it's your server's fault then start removing plugins one by one until you remove the broken one. If it's your map's fault then find another one. There's hundreds of maps here.
  • r3D w0LF avatar
    r3D w0LF Offline
    1,748 points Ranked 2455th
    7 medals 0 legendary, 0 rare
    • Spriter of the Month, November 2012 Medal icon
    3 years ago:
    Also when active a cheat(like speedhack) it gives this error because it has so much data transferred from server to your computer. Be sure if it isnt a connection error.
    r3D w0LF avatar
    Mantra
    r3D w0LF
  • Commandeer avatar
    Commandeer Offline
    3 years ago:
    Posted by makiza Everyone have no clue what the error means. "Reliable channel overflowed" means something like "the server is sending too much shit that i can't handle." and happens when you do lot of stuff at the same time. If it was for the entities then will be a crash with the "No free edicts" error. If it's your server's fault then start removing plugins one by one until you remove the broken one. If it's your map's fault then find another one. There's hundreds of maps here.
    Well thanks for explaining. I was wondering because the error only happens on certain maps, what is it in the map that causes it then ? I know by now it's the servers plugins causing it. I'm not running any servers, just trying to get my map to work there. And I can tell this is definitely not caused by speedhack :D
  • makiza avatar
    makiza Offline
    996 points Ranked 4220th
    3 years ago:
    Posted by Commandeer
    Posted by makiza Everyone have no clue what the error means. "Reliable channel overflowed" means something like "the server is sending too much shit that i can't handle." and happens when you do lot of stuff at the same time. If it was for the entities then will be a crash with the "No free edicts" error. If it's your server's fault then start removing plugins one by one until you remove the broken one. If it's your map's fault then find another one. There's hundreds of maps here.
    Well thanks for explaining. I was wondering because the error only happens on certain maps, what is it in the map that causes it then ? I know by now it's the servers plugins causing it. I'm not running any servers, just trying to get my map to work there. And I can tell this is definitely not caused by speedhack :D
    What map is it? The only think i can think of is because has leaks or you use a lot of resources on your map (ex: 7 WADs), and i´m not sure about it, it lags the game but not so much for an overflow.
  • Commandeer avatar
    Commandeer Offline
    3 years ago:
    Posted by makiza What map is it? The only think i can think of is because has leaks or you use a lot of resources on your map (ex: 7 WADs), and i´m not sure about it, it lags the game but not so much for an overflow.
    Map: deathrun_3sixty Well there can't be leaks because if there were any the map wouldn't even compile right ? I did use 7 WADs, but I have used the maximum amount of WADs on all of my maps so far, and all the other maps are working fine. The server has had some trouble with maps that used lights.rad, could there be something in that method causing the crash ?
  • makiza avatar
    makiza Offline
    996 points Ranked 4220th
    3 years ago:
    Posted by Commandeer
    Posted by makiza What map is it? The only think i can think of is because has leaks or you use a lot of resources on your map (ex: 7 WADs), and i´m not sure about it, it lags the game but not so much for an overflow.
    Map: deathrun_3sixty Well there can't be leaks because if there were any the map wouldn't even compile right ? I did use 7 WADs, but I have used the maximum amount of WADs on all of my maps so far, and all the other maps are working fine. The server has had some trouble with maps that used lights.rad, could there be something in that method causing the crash ?
    I'm not a mapper, but i've seen many shitty maps with a lot of leaks that lags the game a lot (not saying yours is shitty, actually i like it). lighting is not really a problem unless is flashing like a disco party or look like a zombie plague server, Currently PCs with Intel processors manage really bad the OpenGL render, dropping fps to 20 or less. I think this map needs a performance and/or efficency treatment, But this error is more common in server addons so i don't know what suggest you than look for tutorials and visit the TWHL page. Sorry man.
  • Commandeer avatar
    Commandeer Offline
    3 years ago:
    I doubt it's because of performance issues. I know the usage of null texture and nobody has complained about bad fps yet... We found out what plugin is causing it, it's this one: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=137576 But we have no idea what exactly in it is causing the error. We tried switching off different plugins, and the maps worked normally when this plugin was turned off. It's a great plugin, so we really don't want to permanently drop it. I know this plugin seems to define some sort of limits for different things in the .sma file, was wondering if any of those could be the problem ? I asked this question on those forums too, no answer yet.
  • makiza avatar
    makiza Offline
    996 points Ranked 4220th
    3 years ago:
    Posted by Commandeer I doubt it's because of performance issues. I know the usage of null texture and nobody has complained about bad fps yet... We found out what plugin is causing it, it's this one: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=137576 But we have no idea what exactly in it is causing the error. We tried switching off different plugins, and the maps worked normally when this plugin was turned off. It's a great plugin, so we really don't want to permanently drop it. I know this plugin seems to define some sort of limits for different things in the .sma file, was wondering if any of those could be the problem ? I asked this question on those forums too, no answer yet.
    Yeah i saw your last post, it's a new submission so it's still on development and maybe the author review your post soon. The only thing i can suggest you is read the FaQ and the mapper's warning to keep sure is not entirely the plugin's fault. And be patient :).
  • Commandeer avatar
    Commandeer Offline
    3 years ago:
    We found out the problem is not in the plugin after all...god damnit. Seems it's in the map but I'm just clueless on what it could be, I did nothing different than from my previous maps and they all work fine. I only created most of the textures by myself so I'm guessing that could be the only reason. Guess it's time to start hunting for the problem again :/

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Commandeer avatar
Commandeer Offline