Battlefield 3 Icon BF3 Thread

Battlefield 3, My opinion.

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Donny points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Clickity click will reveal more.

![http://fusion-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Battlefield-3-590x3311.jpg](http://fusion-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Battlefield-3-590x3311.jpg "http://fusion-gamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Battlefield-3-590x3311.jpg") Battlefield 3 is the first Battlefield I've played, not considering the 30 mins or so in Battlefield 2. I have to say that I didn't expect much as the Battlefield 2 experience was only 30 mins due to me not enjoying it at all. But the friends I game with insisted on adding Battlefield 3 to our routine, so I pre-ordered it. I was finally able to play on the 27th Assuming it was, yet again, only going to last 30 minutes, Though 2 hours in I was happily surprised that I enjoy playing this game a lot. Today, I am 3 days into the game and I've been enjoying almost every aspect of Battlefield 3. The diversity in each map is just lovely. I love playing the Assault class. Reviving as much teammates as I can. Reviving them even though I have 2 enemy tanks around me. Playing in a squad with my friends while we heavily discuss our tactics over Teamspeak. Personally the only things bothering me are not being able to jump through a window properly, And instantly dying when spawning. Other than those 2 minor annoyances I've been enjoying this game a lot already. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is very nice. For these reasons, I give Battlefield 3 a **9/10** _So tell me bananites_; **What are your opinions?**

• 6y
    Battlefield 3 is certainly a great game. I would rate the game a 9/10 as well. Just so much to talk about.
    Minorsplash avatar
    Mantra
    Minorsplash
  • 6y
    Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    11,080 points Ranked 376th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Battlefield 3 is great game and I absolutely love it.

However, I have some problems with it. For example all Paris maps and Great Bazaar doesn't feel good conquest maps, they're just so horrible. Those are too small and mostly causes headache than fun.
    Maps like Caspian Border and Kharg Island are great conquest maps and I hope there will be more maps like them.
    All maps on Battlefield 3 looks good and I like them. Some of them are kinda unbalanced for me.

I also have problems with some game mechanics. I feel mortars are kinda overpowered as they're too easy to use. Mortars would be balanced if they would make using them more harder.
    Tactical flashlight attachment causes problems to me because when someone shoves that to my face, I get headache and then sometimes feel dizzy. Makes me feel somewhat bad.
    Overall weapons feels good and they work. Pistols feels a bit underpowered right now, but DICE said they will make them better in the future.

The game feels rushed as some of features game is supposed to have is not there. Squad Leaders can't use artillery strike like DICE promised. There were some other things DICE promised, but can't remember them right now. I'm sure DICE will add them later on.
    I'm glad there is proper squad management unlike on Beta. Easier to get in same squad with friends.

Battlelog feels kinda funny, but it manages to be working thing though. Joining a server is fast, which I love. Battlelog has annoying bugs though, which I'm not happy about. Sometimes it logs me out randomly to others, even I am online from what I see.
    It's also easier to see friend's stats and so on and it would be great if Battlelog chat would work on in-game. It's easy to alt-tab out of game and back though.

Campaign felt like I was watching a movie instead of game, but I liked it though. It managed to catch my feelings on some parts. Story wasn't great, but nice regardless. Campaign is "not part of Battlefield" though so enough about it.

My few cents, and like I said, I love this game. I hope DICE gets things fixed though.

8.9/10
    • Interesting x 1
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
  • 6y
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip avatar Offline
    Damage Inc. Flag Affiliation: Damage Inc.
    Member Joined 9y
    2,506 points Ranked 1844th
    15 medals 1 rare
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Damage Inc.
    Solid 9/10 from me. I loved BFBC2 ans I'm loving BF3 so far. There are some glitches though (ie: green screen flashing, health boxes going through walls/floor, etc.) but just some minor ones. Sadly I don't have anybody to play co-op with, but this game is very enjoyable.

Dem EOD bots drive like ice on everything though, lol.
    Waiting For The Sandman avatar
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
  • 6y
    Donny avatar
    Donny Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    3,028 points Ranked 1500th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    > **Posted by Haxorfox**

> Battlefield 3 is great game and I absolutely love it.
    >
    > However, I have some problems with it. For example all Paris maps and Great Bazaar doesn't feel good conquest maps, they're just so horrible. Those are too small and mostly causes headache than fun.
    > Maps like Caspian Border and Kharg Island are great conquest maps and I hope there will be more maps like them.
    > All maps on Battlefield 3 looks good and I like them. Some of them are kinda unbalanced for me.
    >
    > I also have problems with some game mechanics. I feel mortars are kinda overpowered as they're too easy to use. Mortars would be balanced if they would make using them more harder.
    > Tactical flashlight attachment causes problems to me because when someone shoves that to my face, I get headache and then sometimes feel dizzy. Makes me feel somewhat bad.
    > Overall weapons feels good and they work. Pistols feels a bit underpowered right now, but DICE said they will make them better in the future.
    >
    > The game feels rushed as some of features game is supposed to have is not there. Squad Leaders can't use artillery strike like DICE promised. There were some other things DICE promised, but can't remember them right now. I'm sure DICE will add them later on.
    > I'm glad there is proper squad management unlike on Beta. Easier to get in same squad with friends.
    >
    > Battlelog feels kinda funny, but it manages to be working thing though. Joining a server is fast, which I love. Battlelog has annoying bugs though, which I'm not happy about. Sometimes it logs me out randomly to others, even I am online from what I see.
    > It's also easier to see friend's stats and so on and it would be great if Battlelog chat would work on in-game. It's easy to alt-tab out of game and back though.
    >
    > Campaign felt like I was watching a movie instead of game, but I liked it though. It managed to catch my feelings on some parts. Story wasn't great, but nice regardless. Campaign is "not part of Battlefield" though so enough about it.
    >
    > My few cents, and like I said, I love this game. I hope DICE gets things fixed though.
    >
    > 8.9/10

Reading this, I totally forgot about including Battlelog in my post. I personally have few problems with it mostly because my internet connection isn't too great at the moment. Which causes me to sometimes disconnect from the login server, makes me sadface but it's okay. I would've preferred a non-browser way of finding servers, but it works.
    <3 avatar
    Mantra
    <3
  • 6y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,458 points Ranked 1023rd
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    I would love it 100% if I could play it. I've gotten about 6 or so matches in since it releases, since 9 times out of 10 the game crashes about 1 or so minute into the game. So once DICE and/or Nvidia fix this - I'll most likely turn non-existent.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Donny avatar
Donny Offline
Member Joined 10y
3,028 points Ranked 1500th