Battlefield 3 Beta.

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Puttfis points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Resistance is futile...

Already a Bananite? Login

Well, apparently, i got into the early access of the BF3 beta, (Because i bought MoH, Tier 1 Edition.) Im going to download it after i've downloaded Shogun 2, But, im just wondering one thing, how welll do you think i would run the game? I have a Nvidia GT 260, and like uuh, 3 GHZ Dual Core.. and 4 gb ram.. and i can play Bad Company 2 on Medium/Low Settings....

• 6y
    TheHunter159 avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    I still didn't get my cdkey via email ><
    I bought it 2 weeks ago on Origin

Have fun!
    See?
  • 6y
    FallDown avatar
    FallDown avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    998 points Ranked 4666th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    probably like shit with all low.
    TheSystem avatar
    Mantra
    TheSystem
  • 6y
    EvilClown avatar
    EvilClown avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    407 points Ranked 10215th
    7 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    Just so that you know. You will need 2 GTX 580's in SLI Mode to run this game on ultra high.
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Yams avatar
    Yams Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    5,273 points Ranked 869th
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Yay, I got the early beta invite too! I'm so excited, I'm going to install it while I'm at school because it's going to take forever to download 2.something gigs. I have an 8800GT, a quad core, 4 gigs of ram, and REALLY, REALLY NICE ZIP-TIES HOLDING MY CABLES TOGETHER. Not that that matters or anything... :/
    'Wasn't that guy banned?' avatar
    Mantra
    'Wasn't that guy banned?'
  • 6y
    -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    557,434 points Ranked 3rd
    24 medals 1 legendary 8 rare
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 500,000 Points Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    I've been playing it for the past 3 hours. Here are some things that I noticed that are horrible about the game.

There is NO main menu. The game launches through origin and your stats, server browsing, etc is done through your web browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.).

To join a server, Origin directs u to the BF3 website and has u pick a server or quick match. At the moment, they are all full and finding one is tough, I'm afraid to see what open beta will yeild.

> **Posted by EvilClown**

> Just so that you know. You will need 2 GTX 580's in SLI Mode to run this game on ultra high.

Not entirely true, that statement came from DICE during Alpha stages of the game, but from what I've seen I can tell you that a single 580 will do just fine. Those that played Alpha will notice a huge improvement. The game ran at a solid 60fps for me on HIGH settings, not on Ultra though. I dropped to 45 - 50 FPS during major explosions (a tunnel blows up and smoke covers half of the map).

Now as for settings, Ultra settings are nothing more than extra AA. I compared the settings and the difference between High and Ultra is Ultra has the highest level of AA, Motion Blur, and pretty much all that useless crap. However, I can't stand motion blur to the point that it blinds me so I don't mind having it off.

I'm running the game an ATI Radeon HD 6870, Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz (4CPUs), 4GB DDR3 16000 RAM to achieve those settings. Looking at your set up, expect to run the game on all low.

Keep in mind that the map is a rush mode map, not a lot to go by, but I have seen 32 player battles, still have to get a look at vehicle warfare on a 64 player map but I do expect the major performance buckling to come from that. The game is also way better than BC2.

Classes are now Medic, Engineer, Recon, and Support. Engineer and Recon are the same, Medics now use assault rifles and support is the Assault class of BC2 but with LMGs. It is possible to go prone, bipods are a must to use with LMGs, recoil will murder you, and the hitboxes don't seem to suck either. Another thing that wow'd me was how I saw a sniper across the map because his scope had a glare on it, not as easy to camp now.
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
  • 6y
    general_zim avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    I pre-ordered the Medal of Honor Limited Edition way back when it came out, and I still haven't gotten an email.

I've played it online and everything, unless there was some kind of secret rain dance I was supposed to do that now I'm too late and have to wait till Thursday?

I want my fucking early access.
    GB's Resident Gearwhore avatar
    Mantra
    GB's Resident Gearwhore
  • 6y
    EvilClown avatar
    EvilClown avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    > **Posted by -Reaper-**

> Not entirely true, that statement came from DICE during Alpha stages of the game, but from what I've seen I can tell you that a single 580 will do just fine. Those that played Alpha will notice a huge improvement. The game ran at a solid 60fps for me on HIGH settings, not on Ultra though. I dropped to 45 - 50 FPS during major explosions (a tunnel blows up and smoke covers half of the map).
    >
    > Now as for settings, Ultra settings are nothing more than extra AA. I compared the settings and the difference between High and Ultra is Ultra has the highest level of AA, Motion Blur, and pretty much all that useless crap. However, I can't stand motion blur to the point that it blinds me so I don't mind having it off.
    >
    > I'm running the game an ATI Radeon HD 6870, Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz (4CPUs), 4GB DDR3 16000 RAM to achieve those settings. Looking at your set up, expect to run the game on all low.
    >
    > Keep in mind that the map is a rush mode map, not a lot to go by, but I have seen 32 player battles, still have to get a look at vehicle warfare on a 64 player map but I do expect the major performance buckling to come from that. The game is also way better than BC2.
    >
    > Classes are now Medic, Engineer, Recon, and Support. Engineer and Recon are the same, Medics now use assault rifles and support is the Assault class of BC2 but with LMGs. It is possible to go prone, bipods are a must to use with LMGs, recoil will murder you, and the hitboxes don't seem to suck either. Another thing that wow'd me was how I saw a sniper across the map because his scope had a glare on it, not as easy to camp now.

Ah thanks for letting me know this Reaper. I only know what I've read as I haven't played the Alpha. But none the less this is good news.
    Mantra
  • 6y
    -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    > **Posted by EvilClown**

> > **Posted by -Reaper-**
    >
    > > Not entirely true, that statement came from DICE during Alpha stages of the game, but from what I've seen I can tell you that a single 580 will do just fine. Those that played Alpha will notice a huge improvement. The game ran at a solid 60fps for me on HIGH settings, not on Ultra though. I dropped to 45 - 50 FPS during major explosions (a tunnel blows up and smoke covers half of the map).
    > >
    > > Now as for settings, Ultra settings are nothing more than extra AA. I compared the settings and the difference between High and Ultra is Ultra has the highest level of AA, Motion Blur, and pretty much all that useless crap. However, I can't stand motion blur to the point that it blinds me so I don't mind having it off.
    > >
    > > I'm running the game an ATI Radeon HD 6870, Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz (4CPUs), 4GB DDR3 16000 RAM to achieve those settings. Looking at your set up, expect to run the game on all low.
    > >
    > > Keep in mind that the map is a rush mode map, not a lot to go by, but I have seen 32 player battles, still have to get a look at vehicle warfare on a 64 player map but I do expect the major performance buckling to come from that. The game is also way better than BC2.
    > >
    > > Classes are now Medic, Engineer, Recon, and Support. Engineer and Recon are the same, Medics now use assault rifles and support is the Assault class of BC2 but with LMGs. It is possible to go prone, bipods are a must to use with LMGs, recoil will murder you, and the hitboxes don't seem to suck either. Another thing that wow'd me was how I saw a sniper across the map because his scope had a glare on it, not as easy to camp now.
    >
    > Ah thanks for letting me know this Reaper. I only know what I've read as I haven't played the Alpha. But none the less this is good news.

I was expecting the same when I launched it. Was very surprised when the game was on High by default and running at 60 FPS. I just went to take a peek at the exact differences and the only difference if anything is High has no AA, Ultra has full AA and full Motion Blur.

I put em both on and the FPS loss was roughly 20 - 30, but saw no difference. Honestly, the game looks like it does have AA even when it's off. I'm also using the new drivers that ATI released for the beta, Nvidia released some drivers too.

So I can assure those who were afraid of some of the things you heard, if you can run BC2 on Max, you can run this game on medium or high.
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
  • 6y
    EvilClown avatar
    EvilClown avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    > **Posted by -Reaper-**
    >
    > I was expecting the same when I launched it. Was very surprised when the game was on High by default and running at 60 FPS. I just went to take a peek at the exact differences and the only difference if anything is High has no AA, Ultra has full AA and full Motion Blur.
    >
    > I put em both on and the FPS loss was roughly 20 - 30, but saw no difference. Honestly, the game looks like it does have AA even when it's off. I'm also using the new drivers that ATI released for the beta, Nvidia released some drivers too.
    >
    > So I can assure those who were afraid of some of the things you heard, if you can run BC2 on Max, you can run this game on medium or high.

Well that's good enough for me. Now I don't have to go forking out for 2 graphics cards. As long as its got a good FPS rate I'll be happy, but from what your saying I'm sure I'll get that. Oh and thanks again reaper for enlightening me on the subject.
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    11,080 points Ranked 380th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    I like it so far. Hopefully they open Caspian Border map for everyone though.
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
  • 6y
    ITSMEBITCHES avatar
    Member Joined 6y
    255 points Ranked 14753rd
    wow i was amazed i brought one too from origin i was hoping for a steam release but not :( i can play the only medium settings my gpu is gts450, 6gb ram, and intel i5 i thought i could run bf3 ultra but not :( im at medium with 56-78 fps which i still awesome tho!
    ITS ME BITCH!
  • 6y
    Yams avatar
    Yams Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Gives me a fucking error when I go to run it. I'm on with tech support right now.
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    13 medals 1 rare
    For those who wants Steam overlay while playing Battlefield 3.

Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
  • 6y
    ITSMEBITCHES avatar
    Member Joined 6y
    > **Posted by Haxorfox**

> For those who wants Steam overlay while playing Battlefield 3.
    >
    >
    >

OMG OMG OMG!!! thank you! but can i play with my friends? they have bf3 too pls help!
    ITS ME BITCH!
  • 6y
    Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    13 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by ITSMEBITCHES**
    >
    > OMG OMG OMG!!! thank you! but can i play with my friends? they have bf3 too pls help!

Uhh what do you mean?

You need to have friends on Battlelog, then you make a party with your friends and join server as party.
    However party system doesn't work well right now.
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
  • 6y
    Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    13 medals 1 rare
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
  • 6y
    Rockeiro avatar
    Rockeiro avatar Offline
    Member Joined 8y
    4,960 points Ranked 932nd
    > **Posted by Haxorfox**

>

Odd hand posing :\
    Hey look its a sig! avatar
    Mantra
    Hey look its a sig!
  • 6y
    Bower Ranger! avatar
    Bower Ranger! avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,495 points Ranked 3124th
    11 medals 2 rare
    • 3rd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    Very annoyed with EA's customer service. I was expecting a beta key and didn't arrive, waited 45 minutes for an adviser to be told there weren't any avaliable, sent an email with the promise of a reply within 24 hours, and still nothing. I guess it's pointless now, seeing as it goes open tomorrow, but how can they get it THAT wrong?
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus. avatar
    Mantra
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus.
  • 6y
    Eat.Lead avatar
    Eat.Lead Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    977 points Ranked 4768th
    You can play it, it is just a matter of how high of settings. based on your settings I really don't see you playing on anything but minimal settings, and I really recommend you buy a whole new rig. Especially since BF3 is going to set a trend for games coming out in the next 3-4+ years.
    Your forces are under attack.. avatar
    Mantra
    Your forces are under attack..
  • 6y
    -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Caspian Border is going to be unlocked somewhere around the release of the Open Beta, I.E tomorrow or a few days.
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
  • 6y
    Amen avatar
    Amen avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    455 points Ranked 9370th
    16 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    I played a fuckton of the Open Beta today.
    There are bugs obviously, but that's to be expected with a Beta.
    The game is really good, the sounds,animations and shit are all amazing. Hitboxes are way better than BC2 and such.
    I have a GTX460 and I'm playing it on Ultra, though I've only tried it on rush so not sure if I'll be able to do ultra on a conquest map.

Even though I like this game a lot so far, there is one thing that will stop me from buying it if they don't improve it. The Battlelog. The idea isn't bad, I like the battlelog infact, but like 60% of the time it is a massive challenge to get the game to start for me. It will just be stuck on connecting to server no matter how many times I try. I was stuck for like 15 minutes before just trying over and over again before it finally let me in.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
  • 6y
    Kosai106 avatar
    Kosai106 avatar Offline
    Avenger Corp.™ Flag Affiliation: Avenger Corp.™
    Member Joined 10y
    Kosai106 avatar
    Kosai106
    Avenger Corp.™ Flag
    Avenger Corp.™
    Played it for 5 hours now ca. 2-3 of those with a friend, while talking over Skype.

I got one thing to say: I'm in love.

Having a friend to talk to directly makes it so much more immersive, haha.
    Former super moderator avatar
    Mantra
    Former super moderator
  • 6y
    Eugene avatar
    Eugene avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    3,712 points Ranked 1230th
    19 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    Game is great, but I am experience really small lag... I think it's do to my graphics card being lame... I am not really sure :(
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
  • 6y
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip avatar Offline
    Damage Inc. Flag Affiliation: Damage Inc.
    Member Joined 9y
    2,522 points Ranked 1852nd
    15 medals 1 rare
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Damage Inc.
    Still waiting to buy my new graphics card; my 8800 is bottlenecking my computer hardcore, so I can only run it on low, with tons of lag. But holy shit, I can deal with the lag if it means getting to play this game. There are only a few things I'm not - wait, I'm liking everything.
    Waiting For The Sandman avatar
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
  • 6y
    general_zim avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    I just bought my new GTX 560 which should be getting here soon. I've managed to play it with my 9600 but framerate is obviously lacking, so I don't get to enjoy it as much as I would be able to if I had a better card.

I also managed to sneak onto one of the Caspian Border servers when the password was Appletini (dunno if it still is)

Even though I was only in there for 5 minutes before it crashed, it was still fucking awesome watching the jets flying around and shit. Very epic.
    GB's Resident Gearwhore avatar
    Mantra
    GB's Resident Gearwhore
  • 6y
    Yams avatar
    Yams Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    > **Posted by Win-Zip**

> Still waiting to buy my new graphics card; my 8800 is bottlenecking my computer hardcore, so I can only run it on low, with tons of lag. But holy shit, I can deal with the lag if it means getting to play this game. There are only a few things I'm not - wait, I'm liking everything.

I have an 8800GT as well. I hope it won't be as laggy for me. What's your CPU/RAM specs?
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    15 medals 1 rare
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Damage Inc.
    > **Posted by Yams**

> I have an 8800GT as well. I hope it won't be as laggy for me. What's your CPU/RAM specs?

Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07 ghz w/ hyperthreading, and Cosair Vengeance DDR3 2000 mhz (4gb). I'll overclock the CPU when I get a new graphics card.
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
  • 6y
    Yams avatar
    Yams Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    > **Posted by Win-Zip**

> > **Posted by Yams**
    >
    > > I have an 8800GT as well. I hope it won't be as laggy for me. What's your CPU/RAM specs?
    >
    > Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07 ghz w/ hyperthreading, and Cosair Vengeance DDR3 2000 mhz (4gb). I'll overclock the CPU when I get a new graphics card.

I keep getting a "We're sorry, an error has occurred".

Any ideas?
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    15 medals 1 rare
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Damage Inc.
    > **Posted by Yams**

>
    > I keep getting a "We're sorry, an error has occurred".
    >
    > Any ideas?

In BF3?
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
  • 6y
    shockwave88 avatar
    shockwave88 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 8y
    3,178 points Ranked 1439th
    10 medals 1 rare
    game is epic... although im not playing too much cause i dont want it to be a drag to get all the unlocks again when i actually buy it
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Omnicron avatar
    Omnicron Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    2,613 points Ranked 1764th
    10 medals 1 rare
    Over all Im really liking the beta so far. Gun designs are a bit odd, especially the textures (wats with the yellow grime?) the player models look great, unique and refreshing. The assault player model class totally reminds me of the cod4 assault class, which brought back memories. But im not feeling the "battlefield vibe" with this game. It feels and plays to much like medal of honor in the wrong ways. I was expecting this but I was hoping i was wrong...

The infantry combat doesn't feel right in operation metro. The Russian faction and marine faction seem old and over-used. Plus why are the marines wearing desert BDU's and not woodland for this map? doesnt that seem odd to anyone? The squad system i found isnt very effective and there's no classic voice commands! Anyways Im looking forward to the final product but i really wish dice rethinks there take on detail to realism and environments.

also i noticed there is NO blood.....isnt this game rated Mature?
    MgXaK47
  • 6y
    Haxorfox avatar
    Haxorfox avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    13 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by Omnicron**

> Over all Im really liking the beta so far. Gun designs are a bit odd, especially the textures (wats with the yellow grime?) the player models look great, unique and refreshing. The assault player model class totally reminds me of the cod4 assault class, which brought back memories. But im not feeling the "battlefield vibe" with this game. It feels and plays to much like medal of honor in the wrong ways. I was expecting this but I was hoping i was wrong...
    >
    > The infantry combat doesn't feel right in operation metro. The Russian faction and marine faction seem old and over-used. Plus why are the marines wearing desert BDU's and not woodland for this map? doesnt that seem odd to anyone? The squad system i found isnt very effective and there's no classic voice commands! Anyways Im looking forward to the final product but i really wish dice rethinks there take on detail to realism and environments.
    >
    > also i noticed there is NO blood.....isnt this game rated Mature?

There is blood, but that's not important in my opinion.
    Greetings avatar
    Mantra
    Greetings
  • 6y
    Bower Ranger! avatar
    Bower Ranger! avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,495 points Ranked 3124th
    11 medals 2 rare
    • 3rd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    > **Posted by Kosai106**

> Played it for 5 hours now ca. 2-3 of those with a friend, while talking over Skype.
    >
    > I got one thing to say: I'm in love.

> Having a friend to talk to directly makes it so much more immersive, haha.

This. I'm playing with a group of 3 other friends, and it's so awesome with coordination and such, each of us taking a different class. Really enjoying the beta so far, but I feel like they should've had a map with vehicles included from the start.
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus. avatar
    Mantra
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus.
  • 6y
    Mikeyspike avatar
    Mikeyspike Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    14,769 points Ranked 288th
    10 medals 1 rare
    Can't bloody activate the beta yet "/. downloaded it last night and tried to play, sent me to a website telling me to login then saying I'm not allowed to... no other reason. Not sure if its because servers are full or that EA hates me... D:
    Love Lockdown. avatar
    Mantra
    Love Lockdown.
  • 6y
    Omnicron avatar
    Omnicron Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    2,613 points Ranked 1764th
    10 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by Haxorfox**

> > **Posted by Omnicron**
    >
    > > Over all Im really liking the beta so far. Gun designs are a bit odd, especially the textures (wats with the yellow grime?) the player models look great, unique and refreshing. The assault player model class totally reminds me of the cod4 assault class, which brought back memories. But im not feeling the "battlefield vibe" with this game. It feels and plays to much like medal of honor in the wrong ways. I was expecting this but I was hoping i was wrong...
    > >
    > > The infantry combat doesn't feel right in operation metro. The Russian faction and marine faction seem old and over-used. Plus why are the marines wearing desert BDU's and not woodland for this map? doesnt that seem odd to anyone? The squad system i found isnt very effective and there's no classic voice commands! Anyways Im looking forward to the final product but i really wish dice rethinks there take on detail to realism and environments.
    > >
    > > also i noticed there is NO blood.....isnt this game rated Mature?
    >
    > There is blood, but that's not important in my opinion.

the only blood iv seen is the small red blur effect on the edge of screen when you take damage. im sure thats not even blood.

but in any case, wats the point of this game being rated M? did they really need to use explicit language in the radio com's.........? id take seeing blood over hearing the F word on the com's.

i guess dice dident want to go over realistic with the gibs and gore but went over realistic with the buildings. even though medal of honor had the right amount of gore......strange world we live in.
    MgXaK47
  • 6y
    Tobbit avatar
    Tobbit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 7y
    7,686 points Ranked 568th
    16 medals 2 rare
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    Lol, it almost ruined my PC. I need to upgrade it :/
    The Tryhard avatar
    Mantra
    The Tryhard
  • 6y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,686 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    Origin is shit though. It's a polished up EADM nothing more than that. At least it works on Windows 7 where EADM had issues in that regard. BattleLog is flat out irritating to use and the fact that I can only change the settings when I'm in game and you must be spawned is retarded. Other than that, I've had fun with it. Going to install the newer drivers. I run the game on medium with my GTX285 and I'm considering upgrading.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 6y
    TheHunter159 avatar
    Member Joined 7y
    lol
    the alpha ran on 40 fps(didn't touch settings, max resolution), and the beta on 15 fps (lowest & lower resolution)
    good work dice, now I can't even play it normally
    See?
  • 6y
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    15 medals 1 rare
    Win-Zip avatar
    Win-Zip
    Damage Inc. Flag
    Damage Inc.
    > **Posted by Haxorfox**

> > **Posted by Omnicron**
    >
    > > also i noticed there is NO blood.....isnt this game rated Mature?
    >
    > There is blood, but that's not important in my opinion.

This. The amount of blood is small, most noticeable when you shoot somebody when they are up against a wall; but it's not like I'm going to stop in the middle of a firefight to look at the blood.
    Mantra
    Waiting For The Sandman
  • 6y
    ITSMEBITCHES avatar
    Member Joined 6y
    I bought a new pc and its godlike! a gtx 590, 6gb ram and intel i5 and I bought the medal of honor limited edition with the bf3 beta and i must say theres nothing special running in ultra settings why? because its just had better anti lasting and motion blur which is useless running on high is just perfect im running at 720p which is still awesome tho but fucking origin sucks d*ck a steam release would be better!
    ITS ME BITCH!
  • 6y
    Wiki. avatar
    Wiki. avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    337 points Ranked 11879th
    8 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by Bower Ranger!**

> > **Posted by Kosai106**
    >
    > > Played it for 5 hours now ca. 2-3 of those with a friend, while talking over Skype.
    > >
    > > I got one thing to say: I'm in love.

> > Having a friend to talk to directly makes it so much more immersive, haha.
    >
    > This. I'm playing with a group of 3 other friends, and it's so awesome with coordination and such, each of us taking a different class. Really enjoying the beta so far, but I feel like they should've had a map with vehicles included from the start.

I know this feeling ^^ But i was using voice party chat off the actual battlelog page! At the bottom right you can select voice party, and then change your mic settings to voice activation :3

The game itself is brilliant - I love the glare off sniper scopes, as well as blinding from flashlights in dark areas! The shooting through certain walls is cool, except there are some floor holes which make you fall through the map - They may have fixed this now?

No vehicles was a let down to be honest, however it keeps you wanting to know how good it would be with vehicles :)

I'm also running on recommended at 60fps all high with a 560Ti card, 8GB ram and a Q6600 2.4 quad cpu :)

One other thing - When you start playing, make sure you turn Vertical Sync on as it is OFF as default - Looks so much better with it on :)
    Drug Fueled Sex Heart Attack. avatar
    Mantra
    Drug Fueled Sex Heart Attack.
  • 6y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,686 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    > **Posted by Wiki.**

> One other thing - When you start playing, make sure you turn Vertical Sync on as it is OFF as default - Looks so much better with it on :)

But FPSes are unplayable with vsync. :C
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 6y
    Mikeyspike avatar
    Mikeyspike Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    14,769 points Ranked 288th
    10 medals 1 rare
    Anyone have any idea why I get this when I try to play the game?
    Love Lockdown. avatar
    Mantra
    Love Lockdown.
  • 6y
    Teh Frohwner avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    3,632 points Ranked 1256th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    > **Posted by Mikeyspike**

> Anyone have any idea why I get this when I try to play the game?
    > image

Have you already downloaded the game through Origin?
    Something avatar
    Mantra
    Something
  • 6y
    Wiki. avatar
    Wiki. avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    8 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by BrainZ**

> > **Posted by Wiki.**
    >
    > > One other thing - When you start playing, make sure you turn Vertical Sync on as it is OFF as default - Looks so much better with it on :)
    >
    > But FPSes are unplayable with vsync. :C

No they aren't? :L Borderlands needs vsync so much its unbelievable! The tearing is horrific with my juddery mouse movements otherwise ):

> **Posted by Mikeyspike**

> Anyone have any idea why I get this when I try to play the game?

Yeah, go on origin and click on BF3. You must already have it, seeing as when you click on BF3 it opens battlelog itself?
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Amen avatar
    Amen avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    455 points Ranked 9370th
    16 medals 2 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    • Became a Game Pioneer Medal icon
    • Jellyfish Short Story Entrant Medal icon
    > **Posted by Wiki.**

> > **Posted by BrainZ**
    >
    > > > **Posted by Wiki.**
    > >
    > > > One other thing - When you start playing, make sure you turn Vertical Sync on as it is OFF as default - Looks so much better with it on :)
    > >
    > > But FPSes are unplayable with vsync. :C
    >
    > No they aren't? :L Borderlands needs vsync so much its unbelievable! The tearing is horrific with my juddery mouse movements otherwise ):
    >
    > > **Posted by Mikeyspike**
    >
    > > Anyone have any idea why I get this when I try to play the game?
    >
    > Yeah, go on origin and click on BF3. You must already have it, seeing as when you click on BF3 it opens battlelog itself?

I very rarely use vsync and I never have any problems.
    Eater of Bananas avatar
    Mantra
    Eater of Bananas
  • 6y
    Wiki. avatar
    Wiki. avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    8 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by Amen**

> > **Posted by Wiki.**
    >
    > > > **Posted by BrainZ**
    > >
    > > > > **Posted by Wiki.**
    > > >
    > > > > One other thing - When you start playing, make sure you turn Vertical Sync on as it is OFF as default - Looks so much better with it on :)
    > > >
    > > > But FPSes are unplayable with vsync. :C
    > >
    > > No they aren't? :L Borderlands needs vsync so much its unbelievable! The tearing is horrific with my juddery mouse movements otherwise ):

> I very rarely use vsync and I never have any problems.

Well you don't have to, but it makes it a lot smoother as you turn - Otherwise you'll see 'tearing' (lines from where previous frames have been) as you turn. It basically blurs it to make it look more appealing to the eye :)
    Mantra
  • 6y
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall avatar Offline
    Half Life Storm Flag Affiliation: Half Life Storm
    Admin Joined 11y
    15,200 points Ranked 277th
    40 medals 3 legendary 9 rare
    • Achieved Admin clearance Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Logan Dougall avatar
    Logan Dougall
    Half Life Storm Flag
    Half Life Storm
    Admin
    > **Posted by Wiki.**

>
    > Well you don't have to, but it makes it a lot smoother as you turn - Otherwise you'll see 'tearing' (lines from where previous frames have been) as you turn. It basically blurs it to make it look more appealing to the eye :)

No. It does not blur anything.
    ÜberStylers {...} ~/clubs/1947
  • 6y
    FallDown avatar
    FallDown avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    998 points Ranked 4666th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    > **Posted by Wiki.**

> > **Posted by Amen**
    >
    > > > **Posted by Wiki.**
    > >
    > > > > **Posted by BrainZ**
    > > >
    > > > > > **Posted by Wiki.**
    > > > >
    > > > > > One other thing - When you start playing, make sure you turn Vertical Sync on as it is OFF as default - Looks so much better with it on :)
    > > > >
    > > > > But FPSes are unplayable with vsync. :C
    > > >
    > > > No they aren't? :L Borderlands needs vsync so much its unbelievable! The tearing is horrific with my juddery mouse movements otherwise ):
    >
    >
    > > I very rarely use vsync and I never have any problems.
    >
    > Well you don't have to, but it makes it a lot smoother as you turn - Otherwise you'll see 'tearing' (lines from where previous frames have been) as you turn. It basically blurs it to make it look more appealing to the eye :)

^Knows nothing about vsync^

Just sayin' :D
    TheSystem avatar
    Mantra
    TheSystem
  • 6y
    corkey avatar
    corkey Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    11,002 points Ranked 383rd
    Problem with my game's setup. Tried redownloading and reinstalling 3 times, still the same. :(
    BADBADBADBADBADBAD avatar
    Mantra
    BADBADBADBADBADBAD

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Puttfis avatar