Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Icon CoD:MW2 Thread

Modern Warfare 2.1

Greetings! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Sol!d points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Join GameBanana

Already a Bananite? Login

... nope, not MW3

After I watched this - okay to be honest - ...after I played Black Ops I felt deceived by Activi$ion. This "game" (I feel bad now after calling this a game) is just the same as Modern Warfare 2: Same sounds, same animations, same look, same old crap that we've already played since MW1. I mean every CoD since Modern Warfare felt the same.

• 6y
    Fibbs avatar
    Fibbs avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    29,073 points Ranked 149th
    22 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Prefaber of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • MiPper of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • Prefaber of the Month, March 2013 Medal icon
    • Texturer of the Month, July 2014 Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    Why are you complaining about the sounds? You want the guns to not sound like what they're supposed to sound like? Why bother changing the animations either? What would you even change? It's not like they're going to put in over the top spinny shit. Making new things when they really don't need to would be pointless and a waste of time, which also means a waste of money.

As for the rest, yea I'd agree. It's essentially the same shit again but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't still be fun. MW and MW2's stories were both awesome imo, although a little short. I wouldn't bother with the multiplayer, though.

Also, fuck Activision.
  • 6y
    lucas1212 avatar
    lucas1212 Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    wow mw3 is a joke, you hit the nail on the head with mw 2.1, the MW and BO series is a freaking joke, COD is scrub shooter meaning any 5 year old can pick up the controller and get 2:1 KD in their first deathmatch as i have, but people dont like things that actually take time and skill like CS 1.6 or GoW
    stick it to the man! avatar
    Mantra
    stick it to the man!
  • 6y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,660 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    I laughed my ass off when I saw that gun. It reminded me of that CS 1.6 USP skin with a million addons.

Seriously though, MW2.1 sums it up just fine.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 6y
    Teh Frohwner avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    3,632 points Ranked 1251st
    9 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    **Posted by BrainZ**

> I laughed my ass off when I saw that gun. It reminded me of that CS 1.6 USP skin with a million addons.
    >
    > Seriously though, MW2.1 sums it up just fine.

MW2.1? more like "CoD4:MW expansion pack 2", also, they revealed 2 full 10-minute missions out of 14, it's going to be TOO damn short.
    Something avatar
    Mantra
    Something
  • 6y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    3,283 points Ranked 1392nd
    13 medals 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    These threads are just as unoriginal. Was that your goal? To be an unoriginal cunt?

Also, I hate the CoD franchise and people who hate them.

PS: Notice my obvious ass-ness.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 6y
    Bower Ranger! avatar
    Bower Ranger! avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,495 points Ranked 3093rd
    11 medals 2 rare
    • 3rd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    **Posted by cheezit**

> These threads are just as unoriginal. Was that your goal? To be an unoriginal cunt?
    >
    >
    >
    > Also, I hate the CoD franchise and people who hate them.
    >
    > PS: Notice my obvious ass-ness.

Most constructive post here.

I'm not going to go on a big rant like i have done before when seeing this, but frankly, this is getting a tad over the top.

Let's put it this way. COD 4, was a great game. I'd be surprised to have argument over that point. With that in mind, what could Infinity Ward improve for MW2?

Looking back, you can see they did indeed try out a lot of new features, customisable killstreaks, lots more weapons, equipment and the like, building on what COD 4 made great, which has also heavily impacted how developers forge their multiplayer portions of their titles. We've seen games recently with features straight out of the COD franchise such as Homefront, or Crysis 2, christ, even Gears of War 3 has weapon camos!

What i'm getting at here, is that the COD franchise peaked at COD 4, and has since been trying to develop and enhance the features that made it great, it's hard to make a good game better, whilst still having the massive pressure of feeling obligated (and rightly so) to changing things.

It shouldn't be any surprise that on the surface it doesn't look any different. Gameplay-wise of course it hasn't changed from COD 4, the controls are solid and fluid, and it's there to give the player a fast-paced action fix. Moreover the fact that COD is blatantly a multiplayer-focused franchise now and all judgements are being made solely on singleplayer content, and let's face it, which is more enticing? Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the singleplayer of these games, but people spend weeks of their life playing the multiplayer, that's where IW/SG's focus is driven.

All in all, what i don't understand is the need to be outspoken about how you dislike COD, it's almost become a popular thing to cry out one's hatred over the COD franchise. Personally I hate Final Fantasy games, and feel they are inferior RPGs to other games, but i'm not posting a thread on how FFXIII-2 looks exactly the same as FFXIII am I? So why don't we all give it a rest and at least wait until all the features of the game are announced, and viewable/playable by us before we judge it hmm?

Well i suppose i did rant in the end.
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus. avatar
    Mantra
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus.
  • 6y
    -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    557,434 points Ranked 3rd
    24 medals 1 legendary 8 rare
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 500,000 Points Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Of course it's the same, they just know people will buy it because CoD is now an annual thing. Why put effort if you know it will sell?
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
  • 6y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    13 medals 1 rare
    **Posted by Bower Ranger!**

> **Posted by cheezit**
    >
    > > These threads are just as unoriginal. Was that your goal? To be an unoriginal cunt?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Also, I hate the CoD franchise and people who hate them.
    > >
    > > PS: Notice my obvious ass-ness.
    >
    > Most constructive post here.
    >
    > I'm not going to go on a big rant like i have done before when seeing this, but frankly, this is getting a tad over the top.
    >
    > Let's put it this way. COD 4, was a great game. I'd be surprised to have argument over that point. With that in mind, what could Infinity Ward improve for MW2?
    >
    > Looking back, you can see they did indeed try out a lot of new features, customisable killstreaks, lots more weapons, equipment and the like, building on what COD 4 made great, which has also heavily impacted how developers forge their multiplayer portions of their titles. We've seen games recently with features straight out of the COD franchise such as Homefront, or Crysis 2, christ, even Gears of War 3 has weapon camos!
    >
    > What i'm getting at here, is that the COD franchise peaked at COD 4, and has since been trying to develop and enhance the features that made it great, it's hard to make a good game better, whilst still having the massive pressure of feeling obligated (and rightly so) to changing things.
    >
    > It shouldn't be any surprise that on the surface it doesn't look any different. Gameplay-wise of course it hasn't changed from COD 4, the controls are solid and fluid, and it's there to give the player a fast-paced action fix. Moreover the fact that COD is blatantly a multiplayer-focused franchise now and all judgements are being made solely on singleplayer content, and let's face it, which is more enticing? Don't get me wrong, i enjoy the singleplayer of these games, but people spend weeks of their life playing the multiplayer, that's where IW/SG's focus is driven.
    >
    > All in all, what i don't understand is the need to be outspoken about how you dislike COD, it's almost become a popular thing to cry out one's hatred over the COD franchise. Personally I hate Final Fantasy games, and feel they are inferior RPGs to other games, but i'm not posting a thread on how FFXIII-2 looks exactly the same as FFXIII am I? So why don't we all give it a rest and at least wait until all the features of the game are announced, and viewable/playable by us before we judge it hmm?
    >
    > Well i suppose i did rant in the end.

Yeah man, you're much smarter than everyone else for acknowledging my extremely well thought out critiquing. <3
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 6y
    Tobbit avatar
    Tobbit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 7y
    7,686 points Ranked 566th
    16 medals 2 rare
    • 8-14 Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2015 Medal icon
    • Unlocked Treehouse VIP clearance Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    I remember CoD was my favorite game. Well not really. But it was always the topic most people always talk about. But if we think about the new CoD games. We start hating it because there's nothing new. But question is, what do they need to improve?

What I think is they will stick these MW series just to make it feel like it's a one movie film since the 3 of those series just squished their chapters just to make it shorter. I don't know it's just my opinion. Which is pointless? lol

But I totally agree what Bower said.
    The Tryhard avatar
    Mantra
    The Tryhard
  • 6y
    Bower Ranger! avatar
    Bower Ranger! avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,495 points Ranked 3093rd
    11 medals 2 rare
    • 3rd Place - Toy Time Studio Contest Medal icon
    **Posted by cheezit**

>
    > Yeah man, you're much smarter than everyone else for acknowledging my extremely well thought out critiquing. <3

Hating everyone is the way forward. :)
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus. avatar
    Mantra
    FPSBananna's Resident Jesus.
  • 6y
    Sol!d avatar
    Sol!d Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    29,741 points Ranked 145th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    > **Posted by %%Teh Sphex%%**

> I remember CoD was my favorite game. Well not really. But it was always the topic most people always talk about. But if we think about the new CoD games. We start hating it because there's nothing new. But question is, what do they need to improve?
    >
    > What I think is they will stick these MW series just to make it feel like it's a one movie film since the 3 of those series just squished their chapters just to make it shorter. I don't know it's just my opinion. Which is pointless? lol
    >
    > But I totally agree what Bower said.

Yup. The Idea of a chaptered movie film is fine... No I like the idea and I find it okay that they don't change the graphics for the series, but the thing that buggs me off is, they're going to charge 60$ for it and all we got is just a new chapter in a movie.

Either they lower the price - but I know that Aciti$ion won't do that - or they make something completly new.

@ cheezit:
    > Also, I hate the CoD franchise and people who hate them.

Does that mean you hate yourself?
    I am from Austria avatar
    Mantra
    I am from Austria
  • 6y
    cheezit avatar
    cheezit avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    13 medals 1 rare
    > **Posted by Sol!d**

> > **Posted by Teh Sphex**
    >
    > > I remember CoD was my favorite game. Well not really. But it was always the topic most people always talk about. But if we think about the new CoD games. We start hating it because there's nothing new. But question is, what do they need to improve?
    > >
    > > What I think is they will stick these MW series just to make it feel like it's a one movie film since the 3 of those series just squished their chapters just to make it shorter. I don't know it's just my opinion. Which is pointless? lol
    > >
    > > But I totally agree what Bower said.

>
    > Yup. The Idea of a chaptered movie film is fine... No I like the idea and I find it okay that they don't change the graphics for the series, but the thing that buggs me off is, they're going to charge 60$ for it and all we got is just a new chapter in a movie.
    >
    > Either they lower the price - but I know that Aciti$ion won't do that - or they make something completly new.
    >
    > @ cheezit:
    > > Also, I hate the CoD franchise and people who hate them.
    >
    > Does that mean you hate yourself?

It is well known that I am indeed an emo.
    Roll Fizzlebeef
  • 6y
    STRYKER17 avatar
    STRYKER17 Offline
    Member Joined 7y
    You know where to download this Shit??

cuz i'm bored with MW2
    I'm Here, I'm Happy avatar
    Mantra
    I'm Here, I'm Happy
  • 6y
    Mario4155 avatar
    Mario4155 Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    94,905 points Ranked 34th
    So,what you are saying is that World at War and Black Ops are the equivalent of Modern Warfare,Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 ? All the same ? How come ?
    Currently pursuing happiness avatar
    Mantra
    Currently pursuing happiness
  • 6y
    Sol!d avatar
    Sol!d Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    29,741 points Ranked 145th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    > **Posted by RicoDeltaLamIcS**

> You know where to download this Shit??
    >
    >
    > cuz i'm bored with MW2

You know, it's not even released and I doubt it's not even finished at this time.

> **Posted by Mario4155**

> So,what you are saying is that World at War and Black Ops are the equivalent of Modern Warfare,Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 ? All the same ? How come ?

I meant in a technical way. Also I didn't finish World at War because it got boring in the middle of the campagn (Go forward, be told what to do, shoot, shoot, shoot, go further in the same direction, whoops tank! -> destroy it, shoot, go even more further). The story wasn't even interesting, so I stoped playing.
    I am from Austria avatar
    Mantra
    I am from Austria
  • 6y
    agent avatar
    agent avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    31,652 points Ranked 136th
    19 medals 2 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2014 Day One Winner! Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    There are people who still play Call of Duty franchise? Scary.
    Obnoxious. avatar
    Mantra
    Obnoxious.
  • 6y
    STRYKER17 avatar
    STRYKER17 Offline
    Member Joined 7y
    Universe Love Diversity, But Infinity Ward Love the same thing.....
    I'm Here, I'm Happy avatar
    Mantra
    I'm Here, I'm Happy
  • 6y
    FallDown avatar
    FallDown avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    998 points Ranked 4604th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    ^ Nice bump.

Also CoD is like crack for 12-year-olds, no need to waste time, effort and most importantly money on something that retards are going to buy anyway.

I might just warez it for the singleplayer... if I get bored.
    TheSystem avatar
    Mantra
    TheSystem
  • 6y
    skully. avatar
    skully. Offline
    Member Joined 6y
    278 points Ranked 13572nd
    > **Posted by FallDown**

> ^ Nice bump.
    >
    > Also __CoD__ is like __crack__ for 12-year-olds, no need to waste time, effort and most importantly money on something that retards are going to buy anyway.
    >
    > I might just warez it for the singleplayer... if I get bored.

That's what I do.
    x>5 avatar
    Mantra
    x>5

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter