World of Warcraft Icon WoW Thread

TrilixUI: Hey I can see the game!

Hello world. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Windows 98 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

Posting my UI for download. Take a look.

Current Version 1.2 - 7/30/09 2:48pm EST Are you like me? Do you like actually SEEING what is going on while you play WoW instead of playing Spreadsheet Online 2009: Multiplayer? But at the same time are you afraid to be too minimalist because you don't have every single solitary button hot keyed and memorized by heart? Well that's why I am releasing my UI for you all to use. It is a semi-minimalist UI. This means for the most part, your screen is not being raped by a thousand addons. A true minimalist UI of course would not have things like spell buttons or a FuBar at the top, but those things provide ease while playing and let you view things at a glance instead of having to memorize things. This is the advantage that you get with this UI, ease, information you need to know, and a clean and clear screen. Screen Shots Idle: Combat: Raid/Battleground: I want to track buffs debuffs easily without having to skim through those small ass buttons This UI uses Power Auras Classic. This mod applies an aura to your screen depending on variables you set for it. For example, I have an aura that displays itself when I have 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon, that way instantly I can be alerted when I have a full Maelstrom to use. Here is a nice little copy paste from WoWinterface that explains better then I could how to use PA
1- Type /powa, to open the effect browser 2- Click on the button "New" to create a new effect 3- On the effect editor, you can choose the texture to apply to the effect, the position, the size, the symmetry, be creative :P 4- Below, select the activator of the effect (like a buff, debuff, etc...) 5- Enter the name of the buff, debuff... just below (or a part of the buff, like "clear" for activation with the buff "clear cast"). Don't forget to read the tooltips for more help on ways to enter the names 6- It's ready ! Close all windows, when you gain the buff/debuff, the effect appears
Power Aura Classic Interface: There are a billion and a half uses for this mod, take advantage of it! But, right off the bat I would delete MY settings in Power Auras (It doesn't have profiles so unfortunately they will come default in this), and then if you would like to add any of your own do it. If you start seeing random auras popping up, it is because they are mine and you have not deleted them. Where the hell is my threat meter because I do sooooooo much damageeeeee! Currently Omen (the threat meter) is hidden and does not have a window. It's set to shake your screen, flash, give you a warning in text, and make a noise, when you are at 90% of the top threater's threat. This means that you don't need to sit there and watch a box, you can just DPS away until the UI screams at you to slow down. Where the hell is my damage meters, I need to link them to everyone Recount is also toggled off by default, and if it is present after installing just click the X on it to close it. If you really care enough to look at the meters to begin with just type in "/recount toggle" and they will come up for you. Pro Tip: I wouldn't link them anyway because no one really ever wants to see your dumb meters, jerk Oh shit AV is a broken as hell with Grid I am aware that Grid is set up to only display 25 people. This is because other then AV and the occasional PvP/Retro Raid you only need 25 people for a raid. If you want to see the rest of the people in your raid you may just have to drag out the ol' blizzard raid frames. I don't really play AV ever, sorry dudes. Where is my Raid/BG/Party chat at? There are two chat windows for this UI. This keeps your raid and party chat separate from your guild/trade/general chat. It makes following along with the raid easier by not being interrupted by the 3,000 members of Goon Squad all trolling each other. If you do not like it I suggest condensing them into one frame. Also whispers are displayed on both your general and raid chat frames. I have dual-spec, is there an easy way to switch back and forth? Click the little experience number at the top of the screen. For most level 80's it will say something like 0.1%. (For lower levels it will show you the XP, meaning it can be anywhere from 0-99%). This will auto switch you to whatever spec you are not using at the time. I suggest you also set up gear sets using the blizzard equipment manager to make changing specs even easier. My key bindings are all sorts of fucked up I did not include a key bindings file with the UI because I don't really think I should be the one to tell you where to put your buttons to make them work correctly. Simply type in "/kb" into chat to bring up the key binding system. From here just mouse over the key you want bound and then press the key. Esc deletes the bindings on the key. To bind your mounts and any "hidden" buttons you can type "/bt", set the Visibility of Bar 5 to be show (uncheck Always Hide), but them, then rehide the bar. I need more then 14 buttons, bro The bottom right corner has faded out buttons, as well as the far right part of the screen. I suggest using these for non essential things like your hearth or buffs. There is also a 3rd row of buttons above the current two shown (Bar 6), but it is disabled by default. If you aren't a shaman I'd recommend enabling it so it can replace Totem Timers and still look nice and not lop sided. I am not a shaman (although I should be), and my chat box looks dumb next to the two bars, I want everything to line up perfectly god damn it See above about Bar 6 being enabled. I don't like the 14 butons being seen, I want to turn this into a minimalist UI Just type "/bt" and hit enter. Change the visibility options on bars 1 and 2 to either fade out of always hide. Your bindings will stay the same but you can gain even more screen space My scrolling combat text is not being displayed what the fuckkkk Are you a low level? There are damage/healing/damage done/power gain filters on the scrolling combat text for people not to be spammed with small things. For example anything below 200 damage done to the player is not displayed. This keeps things from getting spammy. To change this type in "/sct menu" and take off the damage/healing/power gain filters AddOn List
AreWeThereYet Bartender4 Cartographer Chatter CooldownCount DBM ExtendedQuestFrame FuBar/FuBar Addons GatherMate Grid ImprovedMerchant Lightheaded Mendeleev MiniMapButtonFrame Omen Pitbull4 PowerAuras Quartz QuestHelper RatingBuster Recount SBF SCT/SCTD SimpleMinimap TipTac TotemTimers
Help me, I can't be bothered to read the text file that says READ ME If you have done everything correctly and some addons still will not load, try making sure Load Out Of Date addon's is checked off. This usually needs to be done after a game patch. At the character selection screen hit the Addons button in the bottom left corner and hit Load Out Of Date Addons. If you have a problem with addons not being where they should be upon installation, double check that you have installed everything correctly. If you have, try looking at the specific mod out of place and making sure that it is set to the Default profile. If default fails, check to see if there is a Trilix of Mal'Ganis option. This should not happen, but that is a (hopefully) solution to getting them where they should be. DOWNLOAD! windows9d8.com/trilixui/TrilixUIv1.2.zip Current Version 1.2 (Sorry but the linking is not working correctly and is acting very gay. So you will have to copy paste it, stop being lazy) To Do List: Fix bugs and or take suggestions

• 8y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,660 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Why not add it to WoW > GUIs on RPGBANANA?
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 8y
    Windows 98 avatar
    Windows 98 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Because it wouldn't let me, probably due to the fact that the website is shitting it's pants right now and barely even loads. So I put it where I can.
    The Man, The Myth, The Legend
  • 8y
    Eugene avatar
    Eugene avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    3,660 points Ranked 1241st
    19 medals 2 legendary 2 rare
    • Submitted 200 Threads Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    I hate wow, but I mean its a nice addition to who ever plays it.
    this site is dead avatar
    Mantra
    this site is dead
  • 8y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,458 points Ranked 1025th
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    I never had a problem with the default UI, but then again I only made it to lvl 14 before I got sick of playing it. Just the same way I treat any MMO.

I've seen countless screens of people that are higher level though and have more going on; and it was sickening the amount of clutter on that screen D: So if I was big into MMO's and had a high level char; I'd definitely use this.
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    128 points Ranked 23432nd
    7 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    Thanks a bunch dude. I'm kinda happy with my addons atm, but at the same time I'm not.

Maybe yours will satisfy me.

One question though, why not Xperl?
  • 8y
    -Deathcore- avatar
    -Deathcore- avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    272 points Ranked 13816th
    8 medals 1 rare
    I just regained faith in WoW.
    Thank you windows98
    Get Money. Get Paid. avatar
    Mantra
    Get Money. Get Paid.
  • 8y
    Windows 98 avatar
    Windows 98 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Gibez

Thanks a bunch dude. I'm kinda happy with my addons atm, but at the same time I'm not.

Because x-perl sucks, has little to no customization (compared to pitbull). Most if not all of the customization options look ugly as fuck. Also it is a computer resource hog.
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    7 medals 1 rare
    Posted by Windows 98

Posted by Gibez

Because x-perl sucks, has little to no customization (compared to pitbull). Most if not all of the customization options look ugly as fuck. Also it is a computer resource hog.

Good to know. I'll try your addons and I'll let you know what I think.
  • 8y
    Cornbread avatar
    Cornbread Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    18,202 points Ranked 235th
    I play private servers with GM powers,so I just fuck around and explore the place.
    I be a color guru avatar
    Mantra
    I be a color guru
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    7 medals 1 rare
    Love 'em!

I needed my hud back though, so that's what I kept. For some reason I can't go without some hud around my char to see my HP.

Rest is perfect though. You'll hear from me when I have questions about it.

Thanks
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    7 medals 1 rare
    Will you be updating this? Because I really need :D
  • 8y
    battlemech7 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    38,191 points Ranked 107th
    10 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    Still to minimalistic.....

In a 25 man raid on my priest I use all my damn bars. I wouldnt want to be go looking for my oh shit spell (guardian spirit) right when I need it.
    Proud Supervisor of WoW avatar
    Mantra
    Proud Supervisor of WoW
  • 8y
    Windows 98 avatar
    Windows 98 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by battlemech7

In a 25 man raid on my priest I use all my damn bars. I wouldnt want to be go looking for my oh shit spell (guardian spirit) right when I need it.

Key bind it. But yes it is updated I will fix the link.

EDIT: It wont let me edit the OP, just change the 2 to a 3 in the URL though and it should be good.
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    7 medals 1 rare
    Posted by Windows 98

Posted by battlemech7

Key bind it. But yes it is updated I will fix the link.

EDIT: It wont let me edit the OP, just change the 2 to a 3 in the URL though and it should be good.

Thanks dude <3
  • 8y
    You should update everything so it works 100% with 3.2
    What yeh talkin' about willis? avatar
    Mantra
    What yeh talkin' about willis?
  • 8y
    Windows 98 avatar
    Windows 98 Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    Posted by Chief_runningwater

You should update everything so it works 100% with 3.2

Everything that could be updated is. Like I said just change the 2 in the URL to a 3 for the download and everything should be fine. FPSB wont let me update the OP for some reason
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    7 medals 1 rare
    Everything works 100% for me.
  • 8y
    Hunterkiller. avatar
    Hunterkiller. avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    100,341 points Ranked 31st
    16 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    Looks good. Too bad I don't play WoW anymore. (I'll link all my lvl80 mates tho).
    What would nemmy do? avatar
    Mantra
    What would nemmy do?
  • 8y
    Here is my interface also consider this a bump :D

Photobucket
    What yeh talkin' about willis? avatar
    Mantra
    What yeh talkin' about willis?
  • 8y
    paul avatar
    paul avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,115 points Ranked 4115th
    I use default everything, with the only addon as healbot and qh... Nothing else seems overly useful to me.
    Transcendence into the Periphe avatar
    Mantra
    Transcendence into the Periphe
  • 8y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    7 medals 1 rare
    Posted by paul

I use default everything, with the only addon as healbot and qh... Nothing else seems overly useful to me.

It depends on what you get used to. I'm sure that if you play with addons for a few months, you'd never go back to the default UI. Yet when you've always played on a default UI, you probably don't wanna get used to a new one.
  • 8y
    paul avatar
    paul avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,115 points Ranked 4115th
    Posted by Gibez

It depends on what you get used to. I'm sure that if you play with addons for a few months, you'd never go back to the default UI. Yet when you've always played on a default UI, you probably don't wanna get used to a new one.

I kinda want that diablo themed one that chief's got though. Also lol@nagrand
    Transcendence into the Periphe avatar
    Mantra
    Transcendence into the Periphe

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Windows 98 avatar