Couldn't CRC map/map.bsp disconnecting

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Silent_Reaper points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Ok, whenever I tried to play any cs Prefixed (hence the cs in cs_office) map my computer would freeze then force me to shut it down. Then I went to fpsbanana.com and downloaded the cs_office, csitaly, cs anything and the default maps didnt have a .nav file. (i dled the maps after i reinstalled 4 times deleting everything) But after i reinstalled couldnt play d2 or dust or any of those anymore. Now that I downloaded the maps I went to play and it gave me this error Couldn't CRC map/map.bsp disconnecting Now I have tried deleting the maps from my maps folder and downloading them off the server but problem is, if i dont have the map in my maps folder, my computer freezes right after "retrieving server info." Well there's my problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Fibbs avatar
    Fibbs avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9 years ago
    29,073 points Ranked 144th
    22 medals 0 legendary, 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Prefaber of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • MiPper of the Month, June 2012 Medal icon
    • Prefaber of the Month, March 2013 Medal icon
    • Texturer of the Month, July 2014 Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    7 years ago:
    If you delete the maps and start the game again it should replace the maps by extracting them from the .gcf. If you don't have CS:S from Steam, which is illegal, then we can't help you. Either buy the game or reinstall.
  • Illuminatee. avatar
    Member Joined 10 years ago
    2,059 points Ranked 2067th
    7 years ago:
    What os you running. I know it may seem like its freezing at retrieving info but it really isn't. Trust me when you are starting the map for the first time or joining a new server that part takes forever. Trust me just wait it out. If its longer than 15 minutes (time it don't estimate) then it crahsed. But when a game crashes it usually says in an error message that hl2.exe has stopped working. Try it ot.
    Gator bewtz wit da pimpd out g avatar
    Mantra
    Gator bewtz wit da pimpd out g
  • Silent_Reaper avatar
    Member Joined 7 years ago
    7 years ago:
    No i mean it freezes like takes away the loading bar to a black blank screen and just freezes. Last summer i was playing office and italy and other maps just fine and all of a sudden i cant play them. I tried verifying integrity, degragging, even deleting everything from css folder and reinstalling, it does not work.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Silent_Reaper avatar
Member Joined 7 years ago

Silent_Reaper