World of Warcraft Icon WoW Thread

My account was hacked

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Ramzuz points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Yup, it sux

I stopped playing WoW few days before my game-time would end (January 10th) After that i've never logged in to WoW. Then suddenly in this weeks monday, my friends start to say that i was online yesterday, i was like ''ok, WTF'' I tried to log in to my account in WoW's website, but it said the password was wrong. Then i did the recovery thing and got a new password to my E-mail. I logged in and i saw that the fag has ordered a WoTLk 10-day trial for my account. I checked my characters item status by going to the Armory site. Only missing things were my weapons and one trinket. Password changed. Ok. Case Solved. No, far from it. Next day at school i asked my friends that was i online, they said i was. Someone has changed my password again. This time i was really confused, how the fuck would he know my password? Oh shit. My e-mail. The same message which contained my password was still there, so seems that the hacker knows how to see my messages too. Ok, so recovery again. This time i removed the message from my e-mail, changed my e-mail, changed my other e-mails password. Im sure i wrote my password exactly right to the piece of paper which i used to enter my password. Now the new e-mail's password is lost too! And the fucking site doesn't even have a possibility to reclaim your password. What a piece of shit. I checked the Armory once again... this time it's all gone... Well. That was one hell good experience of WoW Thank god my game-time had already expired, so i won't lose any money, OSHI- All those cards, for nothing. You're still reading this? Even that i didn't play it anymore doesn't mean that i would want that my whole fucking work would gone to shit. Lvl 63 is alot of time. But that's the last blow, and i never play WoW again. Maybe LOTRO, or some free piece of crap. When i get bored again. Thanks for listening.

• 8y
    Sumea avatar
    Sumea Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,208 points Ranked 3810th
    9 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    Erm:

BEFORE changing password: REMOVE THE FREAKING KEYLOGGER FIRST.

and afterwards: CONTACT BLIZZARD: THEY CAN RETURN >90% OF YER STUFF AFTERWARDS.

not fighting back and just saying "i better play something bad because i f*cked my account security" NO.

I demand, i will not listen to whine, BEFORE you have done something about the keylogger, and contacted blizzard.

If i would be same kind of quitter than you, my 550$ steam account would not exist at this moment!
    Diesel Power avatar
    Mantra
    Diesel Power
  • 8y
    Ramzuz avatar
    Ramzuz Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,442 points Ranked 3215th
    Posted by Aemus

Erm:

BEFORE changing password: REMOVE THE FREAKING KEYLOGGER FIRST.

and afterwards: CONTACT BLIZZARD: THEY CAN RETURN >90% OF YER STUFF AFTERWARDS.

not fighting back and just saying "i better play something bad because i f*cked my account security" NO.

I demand, i will not listen to whine, BEFORE you have done something about the keylogger, and contacted blizzard.

If i would be same kind of quitter than you, my 550$ steam account would not exist at this moment!

The keylogger must have been in my old computer then, because i have never logged in wow or even installed it in my new com (which im using now). No pirated things here. Checked with F-secure.

I have contacted them, but they haven't said a word yet.

Well, it isn't the end of the world anyway.
  • 8y
    Sumea avatar
    Sumea Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    9 medals 1 rare
    Indeed - It can take some time (i once read blog post of one very nervous hacked person at time) - but they can fix it. Valve could fix my issue in two days. It was not fun to get my steam account logged any more than that, but going for it and trying is best you can do.

You have my word for valid point when you have tried - then the fault is in bad customer support, and then you have right to "*sigh* Quit".

I quit wow for having too small time to give for it - and progression in wow without giving time for it does not work...

Now i have feaking 60 other games to play :/

thats life, i hope best luck in your future endeavours.
    Diesel Power avatar
    Mantra
    Diesel Power
  • 8y
    Ramzuz avatar
    Ramzuz Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,442 points Ranked 3215th
    Posted by Aemus

Indeed - It can take some time (i once read blog post of one very nervous hacked person at time) - but they can fix it. Valve could fix my issue in two days. It was not fun to get my steam account logged any more than that, but going for it and trying is best you can do.

You have my word for valid point when you have tried - then the fault is in bad customer support, and then you have right to "*sigh* Quit".

I quit wow for having too small time to give for it - and progression in wow without giving time for it does not work...

Thanks... im thinking about moving to something else too
  • 8y
    LuntiX avatar
    LuntiX avatar Offline
    Member Joined 12y
    2,459 points Ranked 1880th
    12 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • Installation Guide Submitter Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    Posted by Ramzuz

Posted by Aemus

Thanks... im thinking about moving to something else too

Eve Online, Anarchy Online, Warhammer Online are some viable choices. Apparently Age Of Conan is still alive and kicking but don't take my word on it since I haven't played it in ages though I am going to renew my subscription soon for it. Lord Of The Rings online is also another option but I've never played it.
    The Last Man Standing
  • 8y
    Sumea avatar
    Sumea Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    9 medals 1 rare
    Yeah, well in my case i moved from half life 2 plus WoW to this.
    Diesel Power avatar
    Mantra
    Diesel Power

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Ramzuz avatar