My final word on crysis

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending BlackHoleSon points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

It seemed like a bunch of people dislike this game. "Oh, its only eye candy, and nothing else good about it." Things like that were the common thing i was hearing about Crysis. But then again, its never been like me to agree with the masses. For example, I really do not like anime. I have watched different anime programs recommended by different people, and i seriously do not like it. I respect people who do like it however, yet when people say that Crysis is a good game they seem to have to say "nah crysis fucking sucks" etc. etc. So i completed the game just a bit ago, and i have to say i really liked it. It makes for one good Single player first person shooter. ill give my reasons why.
Pros
Visuals. Yes, this game is made with epic eye candy. sure, that requires good hardware, but i would say well worth the fun just by awesome visual enjoyment. Dynamic environment This is something i love; because i like to toy with my enemies. naturally, i enjoyed being able to destroy every house and other structure. Most games, you can fire multiple explosives at a small, weak looking structure and it will remain entirely intact. Crysis gave me something i have always wanted. For example, there was a sniper in a distant tower. my assault rifle simply did not have the range to get him from my position. i whipped out a bazooka, and shot it at the tower. sure enough, the tower crumbled and the sniper died. I find that to be very nice. In addition to those, i enjoyed the zero gravity part. They made it so the player can rotate in any direction without a limit; this made the user feel like there was no up or down. futuristic style i prefer playing a game set in the future as opposed to the past. Let me ask you how many WW2 games you have played compared to futuristic games. i find the concept of using a specially made suit to cloak and sneak up on an unsuspecting enemy fun. Now, the actual gameplay of the game has been criticized so much. These people i would like to ask, Did you play the entire game? I made sure i finished the game before writing this because i dont know the game until i finish it. People who play a game for the first 2 or so hours do not seem like they are fit to talk about a game. So to the people who dont like this game, i would like you to provide more reasoning than "its the same game all over again." that doesnt make sense.. i have not played other games exactly like crysis - when playing it through completely, i found it to be a very great gaming experience.

• 9y
    TheStealthyOne avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    8,190 points Ranked 526th
    I loved it, I don't know why so many people hate on it, probably just because it looks fantastic and people assume "Only the visuals are good".
    They Call Me
    Mantra
    They Call Me "Mr. Phong".
  • 9y
    -Reaper- avatar
    -Reaper- Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    557,434 points Ranked 3rd
    24 medals 1 legendary 8 rare
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 500,000 Points Medal icon
    • 25 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    Posted by TheStealthyOne

I loved it, I don't know why so many people hate on it, probably just because it looks fantastic and people assume "Only the visuals are good".

Same thing. They probably assume that because it looks so good, that they spent more time on the graphics than story. The story was great though, I loved the gameplay, story and graphics. Crysis is definitely great.
    Wat avatar
    Mantra
    Wat
  • 9y
    general_zim avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    9 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    I really enjoyed it. I'm gonna have to find it again and reinstall it.
    GB's Resident Gearwhore avatar
    Mantra
    GB's Resident Gearwhore
  • 9y
    dzaztr avatar
    dzaztr Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,002 points Ranked 2350th
    I'd like to play it, but I'll never bother with building a computer that can play it. So that leaves me reading reviews, unless somebody wants to loan me their machine :P

"Let me ask you how many WW2 games you have played compared to futuristic games."

Actually I think I've played more games set in the general range of the now, than either futuristic or WWII.
    Back but not with a vengeance avatar
    Mantra
    Back but not with a vengeance
  • 9y
    BlackHoleSon avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by dzaztr

I'd like to play it, but I'll never bother with building a computer that can play it. So that leaves me reading reviews, unless somebody wants to loan me their machine :P

"Let me ask you how many WW2 games you have played compared to futuristic games."

Actually I think I've played more games set in the general range of the now, than either futuristic or WWII.

That was more of a statistic based on all the WW2 games like the Medal of honor series, brothers in arms, COD, COD2, COD5, and plenty others that all include the exact same battles.
    Stand still, I'm used to paper avatar
    Mantra
    Stand still, I'm used to paper
  • 9y
    dzaztr avatar
    dzaztr Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    2,002 points Ranked 2350th
    Ah I thought you were comparing the settings of the games, not the repetitiveness of the stories.

Edit: Either way I never really had any doubts that Crysis would be a good game.
    Back but not with a vengeance avatar
    Mantra
    Back but not with a vengeance
  • 9y
    Decemberklar avatar
    Decemberklar avatar Offline
    Moderator Joined 11y
    4,484 points Ranked 1018th
    21 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • Submitted 100 Threads Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    I didn't like Crysis, but I did enjoy Crysis: Warhead.
  • 9y
    Gone avatar
    Gone Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I have to agree, playing this game almost maxed out it an amazing experience, it really has stellar gameplay, regardless of what others say.
  • 9y
    TheGrymoire avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    5,787 points Ranked 774th
    I truly enjoy Crysis. I think the demo of Crysis was complete crap, though... The beginning sucks but as soon as you get absorbed and the real aliens start to crop up, it becomes an epic adventure, with big gun and kick-ass moves.

I remember playing it on my mates PC (spoilt rich kid.. BAH HUMBUG.) and it was amazing. Crysis is best played in a dark room on the biggest, fattest monitor you can find. It's brilliant.
    Fractals in Nature avatar
    Mantra
    Fractals in Nature
  • 9y
    DDbrother821 avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    496 points Ranked 8721st
    Posted by Moses

I have to agree, playing this game almost maxed out it an amazing experience, it really has stellar gameplay, regardless of what others say.

Almost? Why almost? I play mine with max graphics and my computer is one year old.
    The thing you have to understand about crysis, isn't that it take a "Super nasa computer". It just take a multicore. Thats it. Thats all you need. (That and a computer of course)
    Runningdagger
  • 9y
    A bit late, no?

I am also like that though, i HATED halo 3, I loved CoD3, I HATED CoD4, I HATED the half life series.
    NOT FBI avatar
    Mantra
    NOT FBI
  • 9y
    ShaneDude avatar
    ShaneDude Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,466 points Ranked 3191st
    You just now beat Crysis? Lol.
  • 9y
    Gone avatar
    Gone Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by DDbrother821

Posted by Moses

Almost? Why almost? I play mine with max graphics and my computer is one year old.
    The thing you have to understand about crysis, isn't that it take a "Super nasa computer". It just take a multicore. Thats it. Thats all you need. (That and a computer of course)

No, maxed out doesn't just mean high settings. I play at 1920x1200 2xAA very high with a Overclocked GTX 280 and a E8400 @ 3.6ghz, and I only get 25~30 fps along with slow downs. That's almost .
  • 9y
    BlackHoleSon avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by ShaneDude

yes, because i got the game about a week ago, and i have only had a computer that can run it for a little less then a month. good job making assumptions.
    Mantra
  • 9y
    ShaneDude avatar
    ShaneDude Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,466 points Ranked 3191st
    Posted by BlackHoleSon

Posted by ShaneDude

yes, because i got the game about a week ago, and i have only had a computer that can run it for a little less then a month. good job making assumptions.

...Thanks? o.o
  • 9y
    Cornbread avatar
    Cornbread Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    18,202 points Ranked 239th
    I don't know about Crysis but Crysis:Warhead was pretty good as well.The visuals were great and you have to play both stories for it to actually make sense.

There were some bugs but I could live without them.
    I be a color guru avatar
    Mantra
    I be a color guru
  • 9y
    BlackHoleSon avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by ShaneDude

Posted by BlackHoleSon

Posted by ShaneDude

...Thanks? o.o

Im just curious how i could have beaten a game when my specs couldnt handle it or when i didnt even have the game to begin with.
    Mantra
  • 9y
    T-Bag-T avatar
    T-Bag-T Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,733 points Ranked 2696th
    I tried crysis at my friends house when i stayed there for a couple days.

I guess i kinda enjoyed it. I don't know how far i got, but i know i didn't reach the aliens.
    Dr. Tea Bag, PhD avatar
    Mantra
    Dr. Tea Bag, PhD
  • 9y
    paul avatar
    paul avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,115 points Ranked 4176th
    I liked it... The story and gameplay was just decent. But yeah, the graphics were orgasmic which helps even it out.

the game was pretty good.

Transcendence into the Periphe avatar
    Mantra
    Transcendence into the Periphe
  • 9y
    CanadaDry avatar
    CanadaDry Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    174 points Ranked 19352nd
    6 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • 4 years a member Medal icon
    To be honest, I didn't care for Crysis :\
    daaaap
  • 9y
    BlackHoleSon avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by CanadaDry

and how much of the game did you complete?
    Mantra
  • 9y
    CanadaDry avatar
    CanadaDry Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    174 points Ranked 19352nd
    6 medals 1 rare
    Posted by BlackHoleSon

Posted by CanadaDry

and how much of the game did you complete?

All of it. :\
    daaaap
  • 9y
    Snuffles avatar
    Snuffles Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    199 points Ranked 17654th
    7 medals 1 rare
    Posted by BlackHoleSon

Posted by ShaneDude

...Thanks? o.o

Im just curious how i could have beaten a game when my specs couldnt handle it or when i didnt even have the game to begin with.

He obviously didn't think you didn't have a computer that could handle it or that you didn't have the game, which you showed that you already knew with your sarcasm. Now you're just provoking argument.

I for one thought it was a fairly good game. The AI was a little iffy at times but overall it was pretty good. The last few missions were very much on the epic side which I loved. I just wish the demo hadn't been exactly the same as the first mission.
    What's a glasses man? avatar
    Mantra
    What's a glasses man?
  • 9y
    Posted by DDbrother821

Posted by Moses

Damn it! I went out and bought a multi core processor thinking thats all I needed to run crysis, now it turns out I need a computer too wtf!?

OnTopic...
    The only crappy part about it is the very ending it's so hard i ended up using a trainer because I couldn't beat it xD
    What yeh talkin' about willis? avatar
    Mantra
    What yeh talkin' about willis?
  • 9y
    RihannaSoSexy avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    2,261 points Ranked 2056th
    Posted by Moses

Posted by DDbrother821

Posted by Moses

No, maxed out doesn't just mean high settings. I play at 1920x1200 2xAA very high with a Overclocked GTX 280 and a E8400 @ 3.6ghz, and I only get 25~30 fps along with slow downs. That's almost .

im the same as moses... ati 4870x2 with an E8500 @ 3.0ghz and 4gb of RAM, and i only get around 30 - 40 fps average
    Wannabe Skin Critic avatar
    Mantra
    Wannabe Skin Critic
  • 9y
    Locutus avatar
    Locutus avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,145 points Ranked 4066th
    14 medals 3 rare
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 10 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    The gameplay is kind of fun, but I prefer the story mode of Far Cry 2.

Warhead has some awesome online play though (OH GOD, SO MANY PEOPLE TO KILL, SO LITTLE TIME.)
    will map 4 füd avatar
    Mantra
    will map 4 füd
  • 9y
    Gibez avatar
    Gibez Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    128 points Ranked 23780th
    7 medals 1 rare
    I can't seem to complete it. It doesn't bore me though, I just can't seem to get through it.
    Though you've never heard me say that it sucks. But I do think it misses something. But, like you said, I never completed it, so I really can't say anything.

I did like the freedom though. And being able to shoot anaesthesia, and shooting them through the head while they were unconcious.
  • 9y
    ddrag0n avatar
    ddrag0n Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,204 points Ranked 3868th
    10 medals 2 rare
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    I have still to try it, and from what i readed here it looks promissing, thanks for your opinion BHS.
    I've try to run it on maximum settings :x
    Fate fell short this time. avatar
    Mantra
    Fate fell short this time.
  • 9y
    d4rth hijack avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    16,768 points Ranked 252nd
    I love it too. Player through it several times. It's just a great game imo and with custom configs even more.
    Up on Melancholy Hill...
  • 9y
    Spiderbloke avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    653 points Ranked 6817th
    I agree, Crysis is a good game. Gameplay envionments that offers you freedom, but with a degree of linearity to keep you focused. Compare that with Half Life (not dissing, just comparing), which at the most basic level is a series of corridors that look pretty.

As far as I was concerned the story didnt have to be complicated to make the game fun. Played it on Delta recently and had a lot of fun.

The only concern I have are that enemies were far harder to kill on Easy than they were on Delta. I realise delta is the "realism" mode, but still, a korean wearing nothing but combats taking nigh on a full clip to kill? I still had almost full scar ammo by the time I reached the mine on delta, but on Easy I had to dump the scar before I even finished the first chapter.
    Bananite
  • 9y
    ExtraOrdinary avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    8,445 points Ranked 512th
    I enjoyed it! and Warhead.
    Proud GTX285 User (02 June 200 avatar
    Mantra
    Proud GTX285 User (02 June 200
  • 9y
    TheAssMan avatar
    TheAssMan Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    36,825 points Ranked 111st
    11 medals 1 rare
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 25,000 Points Medal icon
    You just beat Crysis now? lol
    a worthless fuckin' buddah hea avatar
    Mantra
    a worthless fuckin' buddah hea
  • 9y
    It's Tommy! avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    714 points Ranked 6316th
    Posted by dzaztr

You don't have to own a beastly computer to enjoy Crysis. I completed and thoroughly enjoyed Crysis on a 2.00GHz dual core with 2GB RAM and a GeForce 8600M GT (yeah, a laptop).

It played fairly decent with most settings on medium, and the odd one on low. I didn't bother to see what fps I was getting, but it was most definately playable, and still looked wicked.

I'll 'obtain' Crysis Warhead some time...
    ... avatar
    Mantra
  • 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,686 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    I enjoy playing Warhead right now, but there isn't anything super special to it other than the dynamic environment and I find the style a bit 'meh'.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    J. Parra avatar
    J. Parra Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    4,316 points Ranked 1058th
    8 medals 1 rare
    I don't have anything against crysis myself, i bought it because a friend recommended it, and personally i didn't like it, the graphics was great indeed, but i felt like the gameplay was too bland for my taste, and the story was somewhat meh, unlike most people who don't like this game, i don't try to push my opinion down everyone's throat :P
  • 9y
    .50 caliber aspirin avatar
    Member Joined 12y
    721 points Ranked 6256th
    8 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    I played all the way through it, and I didn't really enjoy it. It just seemed like the same situation over and over again. And you could spot the plot twists from the other side of the universe.
    none.
  • 9y
    Fallqvist avatar
    Fallqvist Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    I didn't like it at all, just my opinion though.
    I'm fallQy.
  • 9y
    Locutus avatar
    Locutus avatar Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    1,145 points Ranked 4066th
    14 medals 3 rare
    Posted by Gibez

I can't seem to complete it. It doesn't bore me though, I just can't seem to get through it.
    Though you've never heard me say that it sucks. But I do think it misses something. But, like you said, I never completed it, so I really can't say anything.

I did like the freedom though. And being able to shoot anaesthesia, and shooting them through the head while they were unconcious.

Heh, it took me a while to figure out what the anesthesia was, I would walk back after a while and suddenly these guys would stand up. LOL.
    will map 4 füd avatar
    Mantra
    will map 4 füd
  • 9y
    Zomb3h avatar
    Zomb3h Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    1,598 points Ranked 2921st
    I was extremely pleased with Crysis. I had a kick blowin those AA guns as I jumped into the waterfall in that one part of a level before you blow up the ship by an airstrike lololol.
  • 9y
    ATI boi avatar
    ATI boi Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    189 points Ranked 18306th
    I absolutely enjoyed both Crysis games, the only con I can come up with is the length of both games.
    the boi is gone from FPSB
  • 9y
    Headshotz McGee avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    7,768 points Ranked 561st
    I really liked Crysis. Graphics, gameplay, etc. Only thing I disliked was the dialogue. It seemed really juvenile at times.
    Worst sniper on FPSB's servers
  • 9y
    unknown_all avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    I enjoyed the little bit I've played of it purely because of the scoped shotgun I had.
  • 9y
    Sarkdog avatar
    Sarkdog Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    8,719 points Ranked 501st
    I love crysis.
    I bought it the day it came out. But I could only run it on 640x480 and everything on low and with an FPS of about 25-30? :P
    However I love the game.
    The visuals are awesum and unmatched and I really like the story to.
    I love how you can customize your weapon and use things like maximum strenght and so on.
    Destroyable buildings is so awesome. I ju
    IMA FIRE FLAME SPITTA
  • 9y
    Jeffers avatar
    Jeffers Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    45,218 points Ranked 88th
    I love Crysis, I still play some of the levels every now and again just for the visuals and to test the AI. The multiplayer was a big let down though, I could never get into it because you have to work really hard to get enough points/money to buy even the FY-71 (or whatever they call it these days) and when I did get an awesome gun, I would get sniped 10 km's away, not to mention half of the maps are too small and lack stealth appeal.

I would give Crysis 10/10 except for the storyline, yes, I'm a storyline junkie. I loved Bioshock and F.E.A.R. mainly for their strong, backed up story that fitted the picture perfectly. Crysis had a less than average story, pretty predictable and brings nothing new to the table.

Gameplay is linear, you can go in Rambo (which is made really easy with slow AI on anything lower than Delta Mode) or you could sneak through which is made even easier for the same reason. The cars in general handle like a bucket of shit on wheels, nearly impossible to turn and are made of sponge cake and rocket magnets. Tanks aren't much better, especially because the Koreans can pop rockets like mother fuckers and reload before you can realise where you're being shot.

And that god damn cliff-hanger ending reminded me so much of Halo 2 it made me want to shoot myself. I have yet to play Warhead, does it continue with the storyline or is it just a prologue? I wish to know before I purchase this game.

Crysis gets a 9/10 from me, great game but is lacking in some areas, I still prefer it to FC2 though.
    :D avatar
    Mantra
    :D
  • 9y
    RME avatar
    RME Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    3,743 points Ranked 1217th
    I hated it until i got a PC that could run it, and then i actually got hung up on the story. So now the game is in my top 10 shooters ive ever played!
    You Can't See Me avatar
    Mantra
    You Can't See Me
  • 9y
    KniteWulf avatar
    KniteWulf avatar Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    109 points Ranked 26294th
    11 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    I personally am ambivalent. I got Crysis a year ago when I bought my old 8800 GTS 512. At first I was absolutely blown away by the graphics and seemingly well-scripted dialogue. I was soon disappointed by the gross amount of bugs (eventually fixed), very stereotypical plot with few differentiations to make it unique, and a number of cutscenes with horrific dialogue.

For me, it's all about the holistic feel of the game. PREY had a pretty dumb plot, but it worked out great because of the new gameplay elements introduced, the interesting and effective health system, and the whole warping all over the ship with no regard to Newton. Crysis did introduce some awesome features, such as the Nanosuit with different modes, on-the-fly weapon customization, superb AI (only when they'd die or not shoot you from a gazillion miles away through 5 miles of tree cover), a fantastic zero-gee environment, and good amounts of vehicle play.

I'll say that overall Crysis was a pretty good game, but all the negative aspects I mentioned bring it down too much for me to absolutely love it. The plot went downhill once aliens were involved. At that point the story felt rushed and stale. The final boss on the carrier also introduced some annoying problems (I think everyone knows about the glitch where the TAC Launcher won't work.), as well as oddities concerning Crysis' superior graphics; I noticed a lot of the torn-up part of the flight deck appeared as very general geometric shapes. There weren't any elaborate ragged edges on torn steel, but I was also confused as to how the asphalt on the deck managed to bend like metal.

Anyway, I have to say that Crysis was fun to play for the beginning part of the campaign, but I never ever liked the introduction of aliens. It was enough that I was killing North Koreans.
    Chief of Nostalgia avatar
    Mantra
    Chief of Nostalgia
  • 9y
    The_can avatar
    The_can Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    840 points Ranked 5482nd
    6 medals 1 rare
    I liked it aswell, seems like people who hate it didn't get very far and only killed a few koreans :D
    Bananite
  • 9y
    KrazyMnM avatar
    KrazyMnM Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    695 points Ranked 6473rd
    I still haven't bought it!! I need points!
  • 9y
    Yeah, when I first got my hands on Crysis, in my head I still had some doubts, like the graphics outweighing the other stuff. But when I finally got into the shooting, combat, driving and all, I knew I was wrong all along. Well I have to say that I didn't care about the story, I'm more into gameplay. Dunno what to say about the graphics, didn't played the game maxed out.
    Sexual assault rifle avatar
    Mantra
    Sexual assault rifle
  • 9y
    Job_For_A_Cowboy avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    13,297 points Ranked 324th
    Yay another Crysis fan :)

Its always meant to be a three game series even before the first Crysis was made warhead is just a filler it was supposed to keep us occupied with psycho until the next game is complete thus because Warhead is a minute adding to the story. The third game "What we all cant wait for" will be prophets story when he returns to the island. Im really looking forward to that although for now I must recommend you play Warhead its not as good as crysis and I find it harder to run than the original crysis. Still its a decent enough game =]
    Chicken and Broccoli avatar
    Mantra
    Chicken and Broccoli

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

BlackHoleSon avatar