Fallout 3 Icon FO3 Thread

What is live?

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending T-Bag-T points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Sound fun?

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

What is it?

What does the LIVE option do on the main menu. I clicked it once, and went through the processes with it, and i looks like an xbox(from what i can remember) and it stopped me from getting to my saves when logged in. What exactly does it do, because i've heard that it just has achivements or something like that so... yeah. What is it?

• 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Its is microsofts pc online gaming network the same as xbox live. in fallout 3 it is used to dl patches and DLC because there is no multiplayer
  • 9y
    To be able to use your old saves you need to go to your save folder (Vista->C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves | XP->C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves), make a new folder named exactly after the Live account nickname then move the saves and all other files in the Fallout3\Saves folder to that one.

Live makes so you can unlock achievements and get points for it. With those points I think you can buy Operation Anchorage (And other DLCs) when it comes out. It will cost around 800 Live points.
  • 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    No this is not how it works.yoiu buy points with real money in game shops.you can buy cards with 1500 xbox live points etc. you then use these to buy dlc . the reason you cant acess your save games is that they are linked to the live profile so if you are not signed in when you first start playing and then sign in you will not be able to acess your saves while signed in lol
  • 9y
    Posted by DJisGOD

No this is not how it works.yoiu buy points with real money in game shops.you can buy cards with 1500 xbox live points etc. you then use these to buy dlc . the reason you cant acess your save games is that they are linked to the live profile so if you are not signed in when you first start playing and then sign in you will not be able to acess your saves while signed in lol

Then what the hell is it that I get when unlocking an achievement?
  • 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Its just gamerscore the same as on xbox live you just get it for getting acheivements.its of no value except bragging rights.xbox live points are a totally different thing.
  • 9y
    Zonno avatar
    Zonno Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    18,660 points Ranked 227th
    Yes, the achievements in Grand Theft Auto IV are also awarded with Live points.
    Unless you use cheats, you can't get all achievements if you don't start a new game.
    I wonder what the Fallout 3 achievements are.
    Leave your radio on during the avatar
    Mantra
    Leave your radio on during the
  • 9y
    DJisGOD avatar
    DJisGOD Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Again live points and gamerscore(g's) are not the same thing
    you get g's for acheivments and you buy live points
  • 9y
    T-Bag-T avatar
    T-Bag-T Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    1,733 points Ranked 2671st
    So, is it worth bothering to sign up, if i don't have any other games with live or an xbox?
    Dr. Tea Bag, PhD avatar
    Mantra
    Dr. Tea Bag, PhD
  • 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,660 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Posted by Zonno

Yes, the achievements in Grand Theft Auto IV are also awarded with Live points.
    Unless you use cheats, you can't get all achievements if you don't start a new game.
    I wonder what the Fallout 3 achievements are.

If you don't save after using cheats you won't have to go start a new game again.
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    $pyhunter57 avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    Some of the aceivements are things like killing all the behemoths in the game (I'm halfway there :D), finishing the game being evil,good,or neutral, killing so many of a faction,etc.
    MW2 Vet. Complete. avatar
    Mantra
    MW2 Vet. Complete.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

T-Bag-T avatar