Can i run it?

Hey, you! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Pancake-man points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Interested?

Join GameBanana

Already a Bananite? Login

Alright here is my pc specs: Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 3070MB RAM Hard Drive: 489 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor Sound Card: Speakers (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) Speakers/Headphones: Keyboard: USB Root Hub USB Root Hub Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545) So can I?

• 9y
    sKratch avatar
    sKratch Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    23,828 points Ranked 183rd
    10 medals 1 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 7,500 Points Medal icon
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    I think you can run it on low/medium.

Go here Canirunit.com and tell me what it says or give me a picture.
    Fuck. avatar
    Mantra
    Fuck.
  • 9y
    infamous456 avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    108,911 points Ranked 26th
    Go here
    Thumb up helpful posts avatar
    Mantra
    Thumb up helpful posts
  • 9y
    xCanadiansoldier avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    194 points Ranked 17984th
    Probably on low-med because your graphic card ain't so good. I use Rad eon sapphire 3870
    Mantra
  • 9y
    DILF avatar
    DILF Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    332 points Ranked 12023rd
    What resolution are you running at.

You won't be able to run the game at a playable frame rate. Just telling you right now. A 8600GTS on a E8400 can't even hit 20 FPS at 1280x1024 Medium detail 0xMSAA 16xAF, you'd be lucky if you saw 10 FPS on low detail with no filters.
    Dad I'd Like to .... avatar
    Mantra
    Dad I'd Like to ....
  • 9y
    K1ttykat avatar
    K1ttykat Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    51,032 points Ranked 72nd
    You don't have much power but you will be able to run at lowest settings for sure but you won't get much more than that with an 8500GT. Your CPU isn't so fast but it shouldn't be a limiting factor. you might be able to turn up the shader settings to medium but if you turn up the texture settings the game will be too choppy because the 8500 has slow memory. Also you'll have to be at a fairly low resolution to play, at least 1024x768.

You should be able to get a playable frame rate but it won't be pretty.

This is all based on the benchmark of a 8600GT and the difference in the spec of the 8500GT because for some reason there are no benchmarks at low settings with 8500GT.
    WAT?
  • 9y
    Pancake-man avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    6,328 points Ranked 700th
    Posted by CYoung

What resolution are you running at.

You won't be able to run the game at a playable frame rate. Just telling you right now. A 8600GTS on a E8400 can't even hit 20 FPS at 1280x1024 Medium detail 0xMSAA 16xAF, you'd be lucky if you saw 10 FPS on low detail with no filters.

1204x768
    So if i played online do you think it would be laggy? I could deal with it not looking pretty.
    Can't Fathom the Wizardry avatar
    Mantra
    Can't Fathom the Wizardry
  • 9y
    DILF avatar
    DILF Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    332 points Ranked 12023rd
    Posted by Pancake-man
    So if i played online do you think it would be laggy? I could deal with it not looking pretty.

Probably yes, I can't tell you as every system is different from the next, but you should get a FPS range of 20-40 at low settings at that resolution.
    Dad I'd Like to .... avatar
    Mantra
    Dad I'd Like to ....
  • 9y
    Pancake-man avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by CYoung

Posted by Pancake-man

Probably yes, I can't tell you as every system is different from the next, but you should get a FPS range of 20-40 at low settings at that resolution.

20-40 eh? how bad would be the lag on a scale from 1 to 10 would you say?
    Mantra
  • 9y
    K1ttykat avatar
    K1ttykat Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    51,032 points Ranked 72nd
    When you play online the graphics are dialed down some and as long as you don't use too much of your CPU you should be fine at low settings. With the textures at low the game should be quite smooth even with such slow Vram.

At 25FPS the game is playable without too much trouble aiming and after 30 it's perfect. Crysis is one of the few gmes that doesn't need too high of a frame rate to play.

Crysis is one of the most tweakable games i've played if you want to get some extra detail you shoul head over to Here and then Here
    WAT?
  • 9y
    Pancake-man avatar
    Member Joined 11y
    Posted by Wizard Pepsi Wizard

When you play online the graphics are dialed down some and as long as you don't use too much of your CPU you should be fine at low settings. With the textures at low the game should be quite smooth even with such slow Vram.

At 25FPS the game is playable without too much trouble aiming and after 30 it's perfect. Crysis is one of the few gmes that doesn't need too high of a frame rate to play.

Crysis is one of the most tweakable games i've played if you want to get some extra detail you shoul head over to Here and then Here

Alright thanks. I know what i must do...buy it!
    Mantra

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

Pancake-man avatar