Battlefield 2142 Icon BF2142 Thread

Help Cant Patch

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending joer171 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

Cant update

At first I tried to patch my bf2142 and it said cant find install path but i did the defualt path so i googled found a fix at http://www.3dacc.net/forums/f15/bf-2142-patch-1-05-a-783/ 2nd to last post i belive so i did the regedit and it installed and the patch says succesfull but when i launch the game it automatically says new patch blah blah and then i look bottom right of the login box and its still 1.40... and i have re-installed mulitple times and downloaded new patches from diffrent sites. Plzz help

• 9y
    Are you the main user of your PC? i also had your problem and i tried installing the patches on the main account. that worked for me.
    Yeah that's MY guitar. avatar
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
  • 9y
    joer171 avatar
    joer171 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Posted by Wakaboom

Are you the main user of your PC? i also had your problem and i tried installing the patches on the main account. that worked for me.

Yea Iam the main user the only other profile is Guest which is off. I mean I used to be able to patch till i downloaded bf2 complete then everything went to hell so i deleted eadm and the bf2 complete and bought bf2142 hard copy.
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Try running the install with Right Mouse Button - Run with Administrative Rights.
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
  • 9y
    joer171 avatar
    joer171 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Also i just have realized that my "real version" as i have seen it put is 1.09.79.0 dont know if that help and I dont have Vista iam on xp
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Have you tried running it with Right Mouse Button and run with administrative rights?
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
  • 9y
    joer171 avatar
    joer171 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    I dont have that option with Xp
    Bananite
  • 9y
    Oh ok, sorry. well, apart from that i do not know how to fix your problem, i suggest mailing to EA. that got my problem fixed.
    Mantra
    Yeah that's MY guitar.
  • 9y
    joer171 avatar
    joer171 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Well thanks for trying
    Bananite
  • 9y
    joer171 avatar
    joer171 Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    Well for anyone else have a problem with this I manualy uninstalled the game and then ran disk cleaner and also defraged and reinstalled and it let me install the patch
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

joer171 avatar
joer171 Offline
Member Joined 9y