BioShock Icon BS Thread

Is there any program I can use to....

Attention Gamer! We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending Lespectraal Eevr Sfolty points.
  • Post: Give Lespectraal Eevr Sfolty your thoughts on this Thread.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Become a Bananite

Already a Bananite? Login

Extract them game files like sounds and stuff?

I really loved some of the sounds and texture in the game and is here to ask you all, if there is a program or software(FREE) I could use to extract or view them? Thank you.

• 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,660 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    Ai haff no ady
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    Lespectraal Eevr Sfolty avatar
    Lespectraal Eevr Sfolty avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by BrainZ

Ai haff no ady
    Wot?
    Sexual assault rifle avatar
    Mantra
    Sexual assault rifle
  • 9y
    BrainZ avatar
    BrainZ avatar Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    22,660 points Ranked 191st
    18 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • GAMEBANANA Spray Contest Entrant Medal icon
    • Became a Club Leader Medal icon
    Posted by Lespectraal Eevr Sfolty

Posted by BrainZ

Ai haff no ady
    Wot?

I have no idea
    gone avatar
    Mantra
    gone
  • 9y
    HellCraze avatar
    HellCraze Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    6,017 points Ranked 744th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    Posted by BrainZ

Posted by BrainZ

Ai haff no ady
    Wot?

I have no idea

beat me too it
    War would end if the dead coul avatar
    Mantra
    War would end if the dead coul
  • 9y
    Member Joined 10y
    AWWWWhhhhhh...........
    Mantra
    Sexual assault rifle
  • 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    313,415 points Ranked 8th
    18 medals 4 rare
    • Reached 75,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 200,000 Points Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    Judo Technical Expert
    You should be able to simply copy and paste. There should be folders for these things on the game disc and somewhere in whatever directory you installed the game to.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Judo

You should be able to simply copy and paste. There should be folders for these things on the game disc and somewhere in whatever directory you installed the game to.
    Oh yes I know that from the beginning, but the sound files are in .fsb, and I cant use winrar or 7zip to extract or open the files in order to listen to them.
    Mantra
    Sexual assault rifle
  • 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert
    Oh wow, I should have recognized that format from the beginning. It's been a while, but I was reading some code that mentioned the "FMOD system". Google led me to these people. And will you look at that... Bioshock is listed. I was also told about this, but they called it a quick hack, so I'm not sure how well it works. I don't even know where the program came from or if it's safe. Maybe Google can help you find something else, just search "FMOD" or something like that.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    Member Joined 10y
    Posted by Judo

Oh wow, I should have recognized that format from the beginning. It's been a while, but I was reading some code that mentioned the "FMOD system". Google led me to these people. And will you look at that... Bioshock is listed. I was also told about this, but they called it a quick hack, so I'm not sure how well it works. I don't even know where the program came from or if it's safe. Maybe Google can help you find something else, just search "FMOD" or something like that.
    The FMOD thingy doesn't support Vista methinks :'{
    Mantra
    Sexual assault rifle
  • 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert

Bioshock can play the sounds, right? I'm pretty sure it works. ;)
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    Dagaz avatar
    Dagaz Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    3,318 points Ranked 1384th
    12 medals 1 rare
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    • 4 years a member Medal icon

Posted by Judo

Extracting sounds from a game folder is in many times (for not saying always) a hard work, because files are in uncommon formats so you must edit or manipulate these files.
    There are programs (free) that let you search and convert the files but don't let you save the changes.
    If you really want these programs working for free, remember that torrents are an option (not always a safe one).
    There are also step by step tutorials for converting these files but is a lot of trouble and a lot of time.
    Probably what you need is not a sound extractor itself, but a sound converter so that you can convert the files to another format for you to listen them, one explample is "All video converter" it works great for me and it's free. Remember to find the correct program with the correct plugins for converting files.
    For free It's not as easy as double-cliking.
    So take your time and have fun. :)
    Veni, Vidi, Vici. avatar
    Mantra
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.
  • 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert
    Posted by D-MANGUY

Extracting sounds from a game folder is in many times (for not saying always) a hard work, because files are in uncommon formats so you must edit or manipulate these files.
    There are programs (free) that let you search and convert the files but don't let you save the changes.
    If you really want these programs working for free, remember that torrents are an option (not always a safe one).
    There are also step by step tutorials for converting these files but is a lot of trouble and a lot of time.
    Probably what you need is not a sound extractor itself, but a sound converter so that you can convert the files to another format for you to listen them, one explample is "All video converter" it works great for me and it's free. Remember to find the correct program with the correct plugins for converting files.

I don't want to call you out like this, but God damn, son. I can't have false info going around like that.

The FSB format is no more than a container. All multimedia files have a container, this one just happens to contain multiple audio files (which would technically make it an archive). The actual audio is the usual WAV standard. There's nothing too complicated about it.

Also, that "converter" is average at best.
    ?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    Dagaz avatar
    Dagaz Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    12 medals 1 rare
    Posted by Judo

Posted by D-MANGUY

I don't want to call you out like this, but God damn, son. I can't have false info going around like that.

The FSB format is no more than a container. All multimedia files have a container, this one just happens to contain multiple audio files (which would technically make it an archive). The actual audio is the usual WAV standard. There's nothing too complicated about it.

Also, that "converter" is average at best.

It is true that most games use standard audio formtas( wav, mp3, etc)...BUT, son, for your information, what I said is NOT FALSE, not all games use these formats. Do you know at least wich are the other formats used in games? For what you are saying I think you don't know, so here are SOME of the formats used in games for music audio: Ogg, AIFF, AU, Vorbis, IFF AAC...these kind of formtas can't be read in most of the media players so they most be converted into another type of "standard" formats like wav or mp3 in order to do this, an audio converter must be donwloaded, or search for the media player scripts. Converting auido files or finding scripts is not complicated but it takes time.
    Note: If you read carefully, what I posted it says that the All Video Converter is not the best, but works well for me so I recommend it.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici. avatar
    Mantra
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.
  • 9y
    The_Thing999 avatar
    Member Joined 10y
    463 points Ranked 9109th
    Try and download GCFScape 1.31. It can open those files and it lists ALL the sounds, music, ando ther stuff. Hope that helps.
    The Thing
  • 9y
    Xtreme avatar
    Xtreme Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    ISO burners programs are usually able to copy all the files on discs on an hard drive.
    You should be able to take anything you need once you copied it.
    Mantra
  • 9y
    Masta avatar
    Masta Offline
    Member Joined 10y
    146 points Ranked 21530th
    6 medals 1 rare
    Posted by The_Thing999

Try and download GCFScape 1.31. It can open those files and it lists ALL the sounds, music, ando ther stuff. Hope that helps.

He is asking for bioshock.
    Need moar drugs... avatar
    Mantra
    Need moar drugs...
  • 9y
    Judo avatar
    Judo Offline
    Member Joined 11y
    18 medals 4 rare
    Judo Technical Expert
    Posted by D-MANGUY

It is true that most games use standard audio formtas( wav, mp3, etc)...BUT, son, for your information, what I said is NOT FALSE, not all games use these formats. Do you know at least wich are the other formats used in games? For what you are saying I think you don't know, so here are SOME of the formats used in games for music audio: Ogg, AIFF, AU, Vorbis, IFF AAC...these kind of formtas can't be read in most of the media players so they most be converted into another type of "standard" formats like wav or mp3 in order to do this, an audio converter must be donwloaded, or search for the media player scripts. Converting auido files or finding scripts is not complicated but it takes time.
    Note: If you read carefully, what I posted it says that the All Video Converter is not the best, but works well for me so I recommend it.

I hope you know when to quit.

Yes, most games use common standards such as the ones you listed. I'm pretty familiar with what standards they use. I know ID Software likes Vorbis and Valve likes WAV. (As long as we're on the subject, Vorbis FTW!)

As for the formats you listed...

Ogg = Container, usually holds Vorbis audio, possibly Theora video.
    AIFF = I've never seen it used in a game, just Macs.
    AU = Is that some kind of container? I haven't heard of it.
    Vorbis = The actual audio used with the Ogg container.
    IFF AAC = AAC is not an IFF format and is uncommon in games, but has gained popularity due to iTunes.
    They work with any decent media player.

Converting is a very complex thing. It's not as simple as double-clicking. The program, or programmer if you prefer, does most of the thinking for you. You arent' the one who programmed the algorithms used to encode these files and you don't need to worry about bitrate, refresh rate, channels, etc.. However, it does take a relatively long time to do it, regardless of the complexity.

I use the word "standard" in the sense of a format (something with common attributes allowing different software to interact with it). For example, Xvid and DivX encode to the same standard even though they are very different programs.

?????? avatar
    Mantra
    ??????
  • 9y
    Dagaz avatar
    Dagaz Offline
    Member Joined 9y
    12 medals 1 rare
    Posted by Judo

Posted by D-MANGUY

I hope you know when to quit.

Yes, most games use common standards such as the ones you listed. I'm pretty familiar with what standards they use. I know ID Software likes Vorbis and Valve likes WAV. (As long as we're on the subject, Vorbis FTW!)

As for the formats you listed...

Ogg = Container, usually holds Vorbis audio, possibly Theora video.
    AIFF = I've never seen it used in a game, just Macs.
    AU = Is that some kind of container? I haven't heard of it.
    Vorbis = The actual audio used with the Ogg container.
    IFF AAC = AAC is not an IFF format and is uncommon in games, but has gained popularity due to iTunes.
    They work with any decent media player.

Converting is a very complex thing. It's not as simple as double-clicking. The program, or programmer if you prefer, does most of the thinking for you. You arent' the one who programmed the algorithms used to encode these files and you don't need to worry about bitrate, refresh rate, channels, etc.. However, it does take a relatively long time to do it, regardless of the complexity.

I use the word "standard" in the sense of a format (something with common attributes allowing different software to interact with it). For example, Xvid and DivX encode to the same standard even though they are very different programs.

For what you are saying, you know about it...hum... good for you...
    I hope you can sleep well now.
    Unfortunatly the pic you posted and what you know, don't answer the question written above.
    Note: There is a forum named "Your life your story" there you can talk about who you are and what you know (just in case)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recomendation Lespectraal: Yes, there are programs that can help you extracting the textures and sounds (that aren't playable in the media players) of the games, but they are not free you could try finding them with torrents or searching for the correct scripts for your media player or in the case of music and sounds try finding a program that may convert the files into another common format like wav or mp3.
    :)
    Veni, Vidi, Vici. avatar
    Mantra
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter