I don't really like partaking in zombie survival discussions for some reasons and cliche's I think others can agree with, and a lot of people seem to include in their survivalist fantasies:
- Weapons and medical supplies are suddenly abundant
- Everybody has a different definition of what a reanimating human really is
- How does the entire world think that they will survive the zombie apocalypse? Where will all the zombies be then? Is there currently a zombie outbreak, but everyone is all doing really well at surviving it or something?
- Swinging a fire-axe, crowbar, or similar bludgeon is difficult, and I guarantee doing so without ever even actually using either will destroy the shit out of your shoulder
- You can't just bandage / syringe a wound and expect it to be all better
- You can't just find the local police station and loot it of all it's supplies and not expect severe consequences later on
I'm personally going to go with the 1st option, because I think surviving on an oil rig would be a pretty good settlement for the zombie apocalypse. And even in the slightest chances of an airborne plague epidemic, you would be so far overseas that it wouldn't even be a problem.
I would join a colony of survivors if I survive long enough to find a colony of survivors...
Never ally with people you don't know or trust in any kind of survival-of-the-fittest situation. The human race is notorious itself for forming pirates, bandits, etc. just for greed and the evasion of death. You could be barely paying attention and another survivor could easily plunder you and leave you to the zeds
Edit: Oh, I posted another wall of text, basically shows why I don't like taking part in these discussions XD
- Interesting x 1
- Helpful x 1