The original Hide N Seek mod for Counter-Strike:Source
What is Hide N Seek?
Hide N Seek is a mod I have been developing for over 3 years now. I was given the mod in its early stages by the original creator; Kevin. The mod is exactly like your old child hood game with a slight twist.
Terrorists are known as hiders and Counter-Terrorists are known as seekers.
How is Hide N Seek played?
It is very simple.
Terrorists have the ability to turn into props like chairs, tables, vending machines etc and are given a certain amount of time at the beginning of the round to hide (decided by server owner). Once the game starts, they must survive the round without being caught by keeping on the move and changing their props!
Counter-Terrorists play the role of a seeker. They must seek out the hiders and destroy them before the timer reaches 0. There are lots of variables in the configuration files of the mod, but by default seekers take damage every time they use left click (stab or shoot). To make up for this, they receive health every time they hurt/kill a seeker.
What are the Requirements?
Well, because of the OB update (idiots...) the mod can no longer use es tools for a lot of functions. The benefit of this is not many server owners like to run es tools. The bad thing is I am no longer able to hook duck.
I have developed a fair few maps for this mod. The mod files come standard with the prop lists needed for these maps. The prop list is located in: Cstrike/Addons/Eventscripts/HideExec/.
If you want to know how to add your own, post on the forum link to request a tutorial to be made.
Step One: Extract the files to your server (make sure you overwrite the current cstrike folder).
Step Two: Go into Cstrike/Addons/Eventscripts/Hidenseek/ and open up es_hidenseek.txt in notepad. Customize to your liking.
Step Three: Go into Cstrike/Addons/Eventscripts/core3/ and open up the txt file. Add your steam ID at the top where it says then save. Leave STEAM_0:1:14214794 in there if you like this mod <3
Step Four: Go into Cstrike/Addons/Eventscripts/simpleadverts/ and edit the file named adverts.txt like I have.
Step Five: Go back into autoexec.cfg and add the line: es_load hidenseek then save.
Be sure to download the script that fixes es_fire: Latest Version of Autokick Disabler before trying to start the mod otherwise it will not work (installation instructions are very simple, and are located on his thread).
- hideexec = Brings up a popup menu for the the player to select props from. Only usable on the terrorist team.
- !freeze = allows the player to freeze their view so they cannot move with their mouse or keyboard. This allows hiders to get into a position and stay there.
- !decoy = allows a player to spawn a decoy prop at their own expense. There are only a few maps currently that support decoys and only a few props from the hideexec list are able to be spawned. This command appears as a silent command, meaning it does not show up in chat.
- !xprop = allows admin to change into a prop from a special list
- !creator = shows you who created hide n seek mod
- !version = what version of the mod you are running
- !manage = a popup for admin to turn mods on and off (currently under revision)
- hidehelp = shows players what the hide n seek mod is, how to play it and useful commands available in the form of a popup interface.
- solid = makes a player solid to entities. This means other players cannot walk through him.
- nsolid = makes a player non-solid to entities. This means other players CAN walk through him (very useful if you are a prop that can normally be walked through IE a bush).
- !thirdperson (!third/!tp/ /tp) = Allows the player to jump into Thirdperson view and see their model
- !firstperson (!first/!fp/ /fp) = Allows the player to jump into Firstperson view (normal view).
- hideexec = just the standard popup menu command for terrorists, except its typed into console instead (easier to bind).
- whistle = allows the player to make a whistle sound to taunt the enemy.
- thirdperson = allows the player to access thirdperson mode. Recommended command for terrorists.
- third = exactly the same as the above command, except shorter to write.
> > **Posted by WinterPwnd**
> > Last question, if i want to start this mode in lan (if possible) trough create a game, should the files go into cstrike, or i need something else to instal it?
> Eventscripts in a lan is different to normal. U need to use SRCDS to run the server then install it. Its exactly the same as a remotely hosted server, except that everyone connects locally.
> Sry for the dumb question, but i'm not verry good at instaling mods for css, what do you mean by "Extract the files to your server" ? into the cstrike folder? Or?
With extracting the files, you want to access the server you plan on running hide n seek on, go into the cstrike folder and extract the files there. Make sure addons overwrites addons, sounds overwrites sounds folder etc.
The directory should be abundantly clear when you view the files in a program like winrar etc.
Just remember that Eventscripts must be installed on the server.
I have used eventscripts for all of the relevant scripts and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I am always open for ideas on what to add to this mod and any ideas will be credited in the release.
30/7/2012 - Fixed the hns_decoy script. Decoys will not explode when damaged, dealing damage to surrounding players.
30/7/2012 - Added the option to have cl_radaralpha 0 enforced on players who are on CT and T. Spec players will have their radar.
31/3/11 - Added option for proper blinding that uses es_fire and a time variable.
31/3/11 - Added the option for terrorist scores when they survive a round (thanks to ocwoody)
31/3/11 - Added the option for you to change whether the anti cheat script checks for radar, shadows or minmodels, instead of all of them.
01/4/11 - Added the extras option for hideexec script. Main change is the abillity to emit a little red puff of smoke from a player when a model is changed. This allows potential updates as well.
01/4/11 - Added button noises when selecting props when Extras variable is set to 1.
19/08/11 - Fixed the issue with the terrorists being blinded as well.
05/09/11 - Added a hider timer thats displayed in middle of screen
05/09/11 - Fixed the issue with counter-terrorists being able to use the hider change menu after team swap.
If you wish to edit or use code from any of the scripts included in this pack, I only request a credit (depending on the amount of code used) and so would the rest of the authors.