A .rar containing 8 configs for css. They include a CAL legal server script, lo3 script, config, autoexec for both AMD and INTEL, a ClanBase legal config, warmupcss and a warmup config.
Just rename the autoexec INTEL.cfg to autoexec.cfg if you have a Intel CPU and rename the autoexec AMD.cfg to
autoexec.cfg if you have a AMD CPU
Also here are some launch options commands: -dxlevel 81 -heapsize 524288 -noforcemspeed -noforceparms -noforcemaccel
these can really help you with a fps boost of like 50 fps (depends on what specs you got)
Simply extract the files to your Steam map (The config.cfg isn't necessary) for example:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\dT's_Config\Counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg
It is recommended that you have -dxlevel 81 in your launch options if your PC is running low on specs.
Most occured problems: If your screen is going to 800*600 or 640*800 everytime when you start up your game, simply
put -w width -h heigh. For example: -w 1280 -h 1024 in your launch options. There haven't been anymore problems
These were the results with a AMD Athlon 4000+, 1 Gb Ram, 512 MB Geforce 6800GS (Based on 2 maps):
De_dust2 CT/T Spawn: 250-310 fps
middle: 150-200 fps
War: 150-200 fps
De_nuke CT/T Spawn: 200-250 fps
Outside: 150-175 fps
war: 125-160 fps
Contact by mail if you detect more problems: email@example.com
- Easy for newbies
- Majority of the options are good.
- Not descrpitive enough with some settings
- Missing some settings that could be used.
- Incorrect cl_interp settings. (See notes)
- Add better descriptions and calculations for certain options.
- There is no such thing as an AMD or Intel specific config.
- In recent updates to CSS using -dxlevel 81 can cause issues on certain modded servers. Use -dxlevel 90 instead if you play on these servers.
- cl_interp_ratio should only be "1" when on LAN. Otherwise "2", also you should adjust cl_interp according to your PING. If your ping is 30, your lerp should be 25-35. Please adjust the settings accordingly.