We've already got over 1000 CS:GO submissions to help you guys customise CS:GO in almost any way you can imagine, but we are hungry for more!!
This time round we've decided to leave the competition pretty open-ended. We're not going to tell you exactly what we are looking for, however entries will be loosely judged around the following criteria.
- Technical ability
- The overall skill required to create the submission.
- Does the submission take full advantage of the updated engine?
- Overall quality & effort
- Does the submission feel rushed?
- Have they included everything?
- Is it well presented?
- Are the models, textures, animations etc as good as they could be?
- Are there any bugs / glitches?
- How well does the submission fit the game?
- Does it follow CS:GO's art style?
- Is it something you could imagine today counter-terrorists / terrorists using?
You have 40 days to create your best custom weapon or player skin for CS:GO - Deadline 20th October 12
How to enter?
- To register your interest simply click the "Enter Contest" button on the right hand side of this page (Just below prizes).
- Go off and create your entry - either on your own or in a team.
- Submit your entry to the CS:GO Skinning Contest category.
But what if I don't own CS:GO?
Why don't you? you fool!
Don't worry, nearly all the work can be done using 3rd party programs such as Photoshop or 3ds max, when it comes to putting your beautiful creation into CS:GO why not post in our forums there are plenty of compilers who would be willing to help out and many people to beta test your submission.
Need help getting your work into CS:GO?
Why not check out our tutorials section!
- Extract materials and models from vpk for skinning
- Rerigging from CSS's rig to CSGO
- CS:GO compiling video tutorial
- How to successfully install weapon re-textures
- How to install skins with Notepad++ [Video]
This competition is open to anybody (although you must have a GB account to submit entries) so feel free to share this page and spread the message!